Hilary Duff Turns 20

naval23

It debuted at #2 but ended up selling 1.7M in the US alone and went multiplatinum in Canada

Fly, The Getaway and Someone's Watching Over Me - so many gems 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Love this 

She's so young omfg :jonny:

EDIT: Oh you meant the album. Iconic!

Edited by Bussea
  • Haha 7

Can't believe money hungry Hollywood Records wouldn't release anymore singles. The run shouldve been:

Fly

I Am

Shine

Someone's Watching over Me

Still an iconic album that really ushered in an era where every pop girl wanted to do pop/rock. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, prézli said:

Her worst album, but that's okay.

The Getaway sans Metamorphosis era is her best sing though so she made up for it 

The real version of Jericho and not the butchered rerelease with the ugleee intro >>>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

The Getaway sans Metamorphosis era is her best sing though so she made up for it 

Well, yes, that's true.

I thought she was in her late 30's? Well happy birthday queen! :foxaylove2:

• Haha 1

shame there was only 1 single...single run should've been

• Fly
  • The Getaway
  • Someone's Watching Over Me

Happy birthday, the fact she is younger than me and some pop girls nowadays, oh Hilary you were born to be successful. :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, 50thStateofMind said:

shame there was only 1 single...single run should've been

• Fly
  • The Getaway
  • Someone's Watching Over Me

These 3 masterpieces that are still pop rock perfection to this day, collapse after collapse after collapse this selection. :heart2: 

I must confess SWOM still gets me sometimes, see when you make a timeless beautiful tune. 

This album is full of FILLERS tbh 

her worst album indeed 

I used to think this album was horrible but it randomly clicked one day and I've loved it for years :rip: It's objectively not good, and it flopping kinda derailed her momentum a bit, but I can't help but get re-addicted to it every now and then. 

The whole album/era feels so confusing and messy looking back, especially the label forcing the Avril/Ashlee/Kelly rock sound and it failing epically because Hilary's voice is way too sweet and thin for that sound. :rip: Also, it randomly having 17 (!!) songs was always kinda funny to me. It's giving 2020s album bloated with filler to boost streaming numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

A good album but far from her best… the user above me summed it up best. Her voice was just not made for this kind of edgier pop rock sound

33 minutes ago, Bussea said:

The real version of Jericho and not the butchered rerelease with the ugleee intro >>>

Wait, this hit :clap3: The best on the record!

• Thanks 1

20 years :jonny4:

I love this album, have do many versions of it! First press US, Japan, UK, Taiwan, Chinese, Korean Limited Edition, the vinyl release and even the pointless re-release with altered versions. Still need that cassette from Indonesia tho.

Justice for The Getaway!!! :jonny5:

Edited by Subzero
  • Thanks 1

Metamorphosis stomps on this one :hippo:

The fact that this album was considered a flop with one single but sold 1.8 million albums still despite her serving 2024 realness and abandoning the album after first week because she was touring. :deadbanana2:

Other one-single albums wish. :WAP:

Had The Getaway been released in January 2005 as originally rumored, it would have definitely cleared 2 mil, and she'd have scored a hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bussea said:

I didn't know about this version! There's a few songs on this album that are good. Love Fly!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I didn't know about this version! There's a few songs on this album that are good. Love Fly!

There were two versions of the album :jonny: A "rock" version that was the original release and a silently remastered "pop" version that's the more popular and well known version of the album with alternate mixes of Hide Away, Haters, Do You Want Me, Weird, Cry, and Rock This World. I remember listening to the pop version of jericho and thought the CD was skipping and then I listened to the rock version (the one I linked) on YT when I was like 16  and thought it was a demo or radio mix ffff :deadbanana:

hide away, dangerous to know, underneath this smile, shine :alexz: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.