Queen of Jordan drags the US and Israel on TV

heckinglovato

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Whatever authority the US and Europe had on global affairs is disappearing and you can see this in any meeting between Global North and Global South leaders. There's only so much hypocrisy the world can take.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2

She made some points but a leader of Jordan talking about Universal human rights is a joke in itself. She can have a thousand seats and maybe address all of the torture and abuse happening in her country to anyone who dares speak out against the government. 

Edited by Onyxmage
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

She made some points but a leader of Jordan talking about Universal human rights is a joke in itself. She can have a thousand seats and maybe address all of the torture and abuse happening in her country to anyone who dares speak out against the government. 

I think comparing acts of speech suppression in a monarchy (which is bad, yes) to a genocide involving the carpet and indiscriminate bombing of an entire nation, is laughable.

FYI I'm a Palestinian born and raised in Jordan, and I extremely disagree with Jordan and its domestic and foreign policies, but in no way, shape, or form do Jordan's human rights violations (which exist in at least half the world) come close to Apartheid israel's decades-long violations of international law and the systematic ethnic cleansing of Palestinians, most recently through genocide.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, heckinglovato said:

I think comparing acts of speech suppression in a monarchy (which is bad, yes) to a genocide involving the carpet and indiscriminate bombing of an entire nation, is laughable.

FYI I'm a Palestinian born and raised in Jordan, and I extremely disagree with Jordan and its domestic and foreign policies, but in no way, shape, or form do Jordan's human rights violations (which exist in at least half the world) come close to Apartheid israel's decades-long violations of international law and the systematic ethnic cleansing of Palestinians, most recently through genocide.

Do you know what they do to people who speak out about the government? Do you know about their stances on LGBT issues? This woman has NO right to speak about universal Human rights. What a JOKE. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Do you know what they do to people who speak out about the government? Do you know about their stances on LGBT issues? This woman has NO right to speak about universal Human rights. What a JOKE. 

Don't pop that aneurysm bitc h. You ain't making sense anyway.

43 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

Don't pop that aneurysm bitc h. You ain't making sense anyway.

Resorting to violence and vulgarity in your responses doesn't make you any more right. :sorry: 

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

But "look at what happens in Jordan!" is a red herring when users are responding to the content of her response, not her own political issues. Whether or not her country has its own problems, she is still right in criticizing the US and Israel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Resorting to violence and vulgarity in your responses doesn't make you any more right. :sorry: 

You screeching and b-b-ut-the-hamasing this doesn't make you right either sweets :tornado:

Some points are made but she could have dragged the neighboring countries except Lebanon and Syria for not helping Palestine, I'm talking to Egypt which pretends to be pro-Palestine or Saudi Arabia....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

I literally told you I grew up there :dies:

Trying to paint Jordan as some sort of Islamic right-wing hellhole for human and LGBTQ+ rights when everyone knows it's the only Arab country where it's literally legal to be gay is... an attempt :skull:

Jordan isn't a beacon of sunshine, but it's also relatively progressive compared to its Arab counterparts. You can't invalidate my lived experience by stating your biased perceptions.

Again, NOTHING that goes on in Jordan (which is what happens almost everywhere in the global east) comes close to 10% of what Israel is doing. You know that, I know that, move on.

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Some points are made but she could have dragged the neighboring countries except Lebanon and Syria for not helping Palestine, I'm talking to Egypt which pretends to be pro-Palestine or Saudi Arabia....

Edit: nvm I re-read your response. 

Edited by heckinglovato
  • Like 2

Ppl using the LGBT card against her when what she is saying is upholding simply the most fundemental human right: right to exist.

Right to exist entails them to theoretically have the other rights such as the right to marry whatever gender.

I get that the Westerners here are anxious about the spread of Islamist ideology amongst the immigrant population (which is reasonable and I say this as a born Muslim myself increasingly at odds with the religion)

But think of this: wouldnt it be better to invest in a stable Middle East, free of foreign interference which would not only allow stability in the region but it will also ensure the limitation of immigrants into the West? (cuz lets be honest these refugees are only moving there bec their homeland is a ****** up mess). And I think it has been clear that part of the reason why the Middle East is a mess is the aggression of Israel against Palestinian territories international law entitled them with. 

I'm not going to go the easy route and say "wipe Israel off the map" because that's another humanitarian crisis calling and it would serve a regrettable international precedent but lets be real and ask yourselves if Israel's current draconian aggression (not to mention the landgrabbing in West Bank) is really going to win and ensure peace in the country? Israel is only making more enemies right now than it has ever been and what its aggression only really contributes to is the further legitimization of far right talking points against the Jews and society in general. It will be a net loss for the world basically.

stop glorifying this woman, people there barely make it month by month 

32 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

stop glorifying this woman, people there barely make it month by month 

Palestinian here, with a Jordanian citizenship: you can disagree with the government's domestic policies (and even foreign) while still agreeing with the sentiments shared in that interview. 

Hope that helps. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.