Halsey: '[My new] singles don't seem to be doing much [on the charts]'

Saintlor

Between struggling with her health (she was just hospitalized a few days ago apparently) and dealing with the pressure to do well with her new label (Columbia) this is probably going to be a hard rollout for her. It's not like Columbia can blame her either, they must've worked out a deal with very minimal promo because they haven't done much beyond the VMA slot. Her concepts are always stellar but they are costly, hence Capitol dropping her last year, she's definitely prioritizing visuals and having fun with her close-knit fans, the album cover reveal was so fun. 

I'm really glad she didn't regress back to Manic style sounds after her last more alternative album flopped, she gets better with every release and I'm very much looking forward to this. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saintlor

• AshleyLovescats887

• ontherocks

• Mocha

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of her but I've appreciated her recent candor vis-a-vis the music industry and it's machinations. Lonely Is The Muse was a revelation :clap3: 

Ego is song of the year! Stop paying it dust

I feel sorry for her. I used to like her music but she didn't put out anything listenable since be kind. And like...she must know what she is making now is just BAD bad right? She can't be that blind. In this case the flopping is justified. She needs to get back to her roots. And if i can't have power was her worst album but at least she was smart enough not to promote it. Just because the twitter circle tells her that music is "good" that does not mean it is true.

• Thumbs Down 2

She should read the room... if she aint getting hits is because the music is simply bad and not worth the replay button. Just get new producers and polish your ears.

• Thumbs Down 1

Singers having longevity is honestly a rarity. Typically, an artist lasts about 3 or 4 eras before they start to decline on the charts cause the GP just bored of them and they have short attention span. People aint loyal lol. So many of them dont even reach two successful eras. Careers like Beyoncé, Shakira, Taylor, Lady Gaga, and Miley, who still manage to get high positions on the charts after decades, are much rarer—almost anomalies. 

That's why I think it's important for artists to fully capitalize on their peak while they can. They should get into business or things like that, like brands-merchandise-acting-makeup. Katy Perry only stayed at the top for about 3 eras, but she managed to secure $300–$400 million because she's super smart. On the other hand, you have legendary icons like Avril Lavigne, who had bad management,-advisors and she's only worth $60 million, which is really low for someone with such global influence.

Honestly, Halsey,Cardi B,Zara Larsson and Camila Cabello were able to achieve big things in 2017–2018 because many of the older divas were going through an artistic drought, and there wasn't anyone interesting around, so they filled that gap. But today, the market is saturated with new white pop girls, and it's tough to stand out. I'm not trying to be shady, but I feel like part of halsey niche has now been taken over by Billie Eilish. Halsey is also In Capitol and that label is a disaster. Just look how they allowed the rollout of this new katy album and supported dr luke openly.

I loved her song 'Lucky,' and the video is super vulnerable and cute, even though I used to be kind of a hater before  because her personality stressed me out lol. 

It brought me back to the beauty of the early 2000s and i got sentimental. I dont think is as bad as people say :heart: 

Im sad it was not a bigger hit specially takin in account her cancer story and how hard is to be open about that.
In my house this is a nr1-top 10 hit :gaycat4: Lemme stream her record. Havent listened to it yet.
I loved the concept about different eras in time

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shes so real

and its so easy to go to a wiki page and see how your songs are doing now so I'm sure a lot of our favs know 

I feel really bad for her given that it's very telling she put her heart and soul into this record and the GP ain't interested. That being said, I think she's just happy to be alive and values that over anything else. 

well that's what she gets for releasing lucky as the lead single

:khalyan2:

jokes aside, hoping the album is a success even if the singles don't do well

Edited by hallucinate

She just hasn't done enough to maintain a fanbase and has switched sounds and aesthetics up too much. I liked Badlands, Hopeless was okay, and I didn't check for Maniac or whatever beyond Nightmare. She fell off. She should have kept that "indie pop" wannabe Sky/Lana sound because it worked and clearly people like when her music is more pop & whiny (see Closer, Without Me, Bad At Love).

Seems like she's doing ok after flopping though! Love seeing people take care of their mental health. 

The first mistake was releasing a Britney Spears cover as the lead :deadvision:

& I love Halsey but the rest of the singles have been terrible. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I watched her career dissolve and it fascinated me @Reverse Warholian

Sn8JZ4T.gif

Even during her flop era, she's still the 23rd most listened female artist monthly. You go worry about your r*cist rapper.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.