Eras that began promisingly

Bends

1 minute ago, Kanes said:

143 era begun promisingly? :huh:

She left American Idol, received a diamond for Teenage Dream and presented the cover for the new single. We haven't heard the song or seen the credits yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kanes said:

143 era begun promisingly? :huh:

The hype was there.

• Like 5

I remember everyone being a bit gagged at Zara releasing Can't Tame Her, but then she dropped End of Time and we realised it was just a fluke

Selena Gomez's Rare.

Started off with a #1 hit but then we got a tragic comeback performance which killed the hype and then she was begging fans to go stream and buy the album:kitty:

• Like 3

Tbh Witness with CTTR going top 5. Then…well we saw what happened…

MIAM when #Beautiful did well, but then she broke her shoulder, had multiple delays and stopped promoting + genuinely there were better single options than anything released after #Beautiful

• Like 2

67823213c13f2695fb53affad172b945r4.jpg

• Haha 10

Radical Optimism. Just right after the smashery of Dance The Night, she started the era on a high note with Houdini, nice debut, great song, nice video despite of being rushed and the promise of a psychedelic album was still there. Everything was promising, until we got the constant downgrade as the era kept going

giphy.gif

dua-lipa-houdini.gif

• Like 5

The first ones that came to mind:

Witness
Endless Summer Vacation

:gaycat5:

• Like 1

cowboy carter :rip: that super bowl commercial really fooled us into believing a proper era was upon us only for her to disappear again on release week, leaving us without videos and performances again 

• Like 4

coming off of sweet but psycho, kings and queens on the radio, and motto I think they had a big plan for ava. the album was still decent as a radio pop album but lost footing for whatever reason

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, attention said:

coming off of sweet but psycho, kings and queens on the radio, and motto I think they had a big plan for ava. the album was still decent as a radio pop album but lost footing for whatever reason

I still love this song and video tbh :emofish:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rino said:

I still love this song and video tbh :emofish:

same, I'm surprised it take over sweet but psycho success-wise. it had a feel of a proper sophomore comeback - decent budget video, new ~hairstyle for reinvention… 

• Like 2

THINK LATER. by Tate McRae.

Greddy was smashing then she released the album fast af and also pushed second single "exes" but lost traction for being released during Christmas and then they didn't even released Run For The Hills that was screaming to be a decent hit from her to end the era and start this new one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

cowboy carter :rip: that super bowl commercial really fooled us into believing a proper era was upon us only for her to disappear again on release week, leaving us without videos and performances again 

And the THE daily streams and becoming a global hit. And then everyone one day collectively turned it off :rip: 

• Haha 2

Radical Optimism. Houdini was hitting, we just had to wait till January, but January never came….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, attention said:

This first single was juvenile tbh and killed the album's momentum even though there are some gems on that album. It's one of the only songs I don't have saved from that album.

4 hours ago, blackoutbaby said:

Tbh Witness with CTTR going top 5. Then…well we saw what happened…

girl that's the opposite of promising :dies: iykyk the 45k sold thread :sistrens:

4 hours ago, Bends said:

She left American Idol, received a diamond for Teenage Dream and presented the cover for the new single. We haven't heard the song or seen the credits yet.

true.

too bad the era died the minute we heard "sexy, confident" :rip:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

girl that's the opposite of promising :dies: iykyk the 45k sold thread :sistrens:

UwU you're so right senpai! Tehe I'm just a bad lil gwirl ehehe LEAVE ME ALONE BAKA >_>

icegif-419.gif

3 hours ago, attention said:

god I'll never understand why america chose As It Was over this… this is SUCH better pop song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.