'143' Review Thread | RS: 1.5 out 5 | MC: 35 [2nd worst rated MC album after K-Fed]

Bends

One of the most anticipated albums of the year.
Hope the critics are objective.

spacer.png

If I were to walk the red carpet I would wear this. 

Edited by $ebert
  • Haha 7

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio ₃₈

• Bends

• wastedpotential

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Honestly Smile being better than this album is insane 

Smile at least had a widely acclaimed single tacked on, 143... 

• Like 2

this album isn't bad after all. Tracks from no.5 to no.10 are good. ALL THE LOVE/NIRVANA/ARTIFICIAL are trinity

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

News Australianegative

Katy Perry's new album commits the ultimate pop sin – it's boring

Katy Perry's comeback album 143 arrives today amid an avalanche of bad press. Somehow, it's even worse than expected.

The truth – and it may hurt – is that there's nothing here that could help salvage 143, an album that feels dead on arrival.

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Review: Katy Perry's new album commits the ultimate pop sin – it's boring
Katy Perry's comeback album 143 arrives today amid an avalanche of bad press. Somehow, it's even worse than expected. [...]
"I wanna know the truth, even if it hurt, hurts me," Perry sings, over and over again, on the album's dreary penultimate track, Truth. The truth – and it may hurt – is that there's nothing here that could help salvage 143, an album that feels dead on arrival.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/review-katy-perrys-new-album-commits-the-ultimate-pop-sin-its-boring/news-story/64f036f2bc3d3da76aea80b0bc75d89e

All you have to do is take a look at the picture of the guy that wrote that review to know that he's not the type of guy that would like any Katy Perry album. 

I wouldn't take that old hag seriously. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 18

5 minutes ago, Bends said:

At some point, I doubt she will gain more than 3 reviews.

lucky for her

I tried to dance in lecherous underwear to "Nirvana" for my boyfriend, he fell asleep at first, and then told me to stop being an idiot and turn off this nonsense.

UPD: wrong thread. :skull:

Edited by Bends
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, truth-over-factz said:

All you have to do is take a look at the picture of the guy that wrote that review to know that he's not the type of guy that would like any Katy Perry album. 

And what "type of guy" is he? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, cyberraga said:

And what "type of guy" is he? 

He definitely won't agree to wash the kitchen floors for free BJ.

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, truth-over-factz said:

Well I took a good look at him and, ma'am, if he's an old hag then what the hell are the Katy Kats? Ancient relics and lost artifacts? I mean, come on now:celestial5:

Edited by Edonis
  • Haha 1

Damn I thought the pannings had already begun but skimming the thread and looks like the party is starting a little late.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXQiwQPXvYR8UxMlL3D2Q3yxHRCxyA38nEOXlGXxwEV16M_UU7DFKMrJ4&s=10

Anyways, I'm here! Picked the perfect outfit. Red for all the historic pannings with a hint of funeral couture. Let me gently saunter towards my seat to watch this momentous occasion unfold. :ryan3:

7c2e8bf11215fb0fe15a78406609e253725df6c0

• Haha 5

Maybe this album can lowkey receive a good overall score for being cohesive. It's actually hard for an album to be cohesively bad from start to finish. Even Smile has 1-2 or 3 decent to good song. It's actually not easy to think of an album that has 0 good song but somehow 143 managed to achieve that. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm sensing another Yellow or Red album on Metacritic

MIc7wn0.gif.85fcf703574534909b3b15be1d54

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

well at this point the critics got deeply offended by the they don't make statues shirt and decided not to review anything. ctfu. her mind tho 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.