'143' Review Thread | RS: 1.5 out 5 | MC: 35 [2nd worst rated MC album after K-Fed]

Bends

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio ₃₈

• Bends

• wastedpotential

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend who bops to literally any song in today's top hits said the album is so generic :toofunny2:

I wish I was lying 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Venice B said:

Guys I wish I was joking... you can clearly see atrl open in my computer screen like what the hell :bibliahh:

ABa32lw.jpeg

Halsey Brasil ⭐️ on X: "Quando ela queria explodir a pitchfork kkkkkkkk  https://t.co/L90PrczcD0" / X

I am SCREAMING 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Fleahive said:

I hope she's okay mentally. We all saw her struggling on the live feeds during Witness debut. I feel awful for her reading all the cruel comments wondering how to she can move forward now that she's tried everything that has ever worked for her in the past including dying her hair back to black and growing it out. 

Yeah.

I also think this is too much. Y'all give the girl a break...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Friendly reminder that Bonnie McKee's album has been out for a few months and is a much better album. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gab00 said:

Yeah.

I also think this is too much. Y'all give the girl a break...

she's pushing 40, in planet unbothered and filthy rich, she will be fine

MusicOMH 2/5 score is actually lifting the average up. 

spacer.png

Well, I also hope she's mentally well and is aware that nobody actually hates her, that all this could have perfectly been avoided and if she backtracks with some of her choices, everything will be forgotten too.

I do think the album has some redeeming qualities and shows that she still has it in her. But let me just not say it too loudly, I'm enjoying Dr. Puke's downfall :johnald:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glitch said:

The way no other pop artist will touch Dr Luke with a 10 ft barge pole now. Well done Katy for destroying any chance that rapist had of re-launching his mainstream career :clap3:

This was her plan all along - she's such a Mastermind!

Truly a reverse Warholian experience.

22 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

MusicOMH 2/5

Seventh album from the American singer is flat, formulaic and forgettable.

https://musicomh.com/reviews/albums/katy-perry-143

Counts for MC 

vfny4jB.gif

The most shocking thing about 143 is the lack of pop hooks – after all, this is Katy Perry we're talking about. There aren't too many of the big catchy choruses that the best of Perry's songs have, and the few memorable moments are courtesy of other people. I'm His He's Mine samples the old Crystal Waters song Gypsy Woman, and is therefore one of the few songs that stay in the mind, while Lifetimes has a Chicago house style piano motif running through it that does stick in the mind. But those moments are few and far between.

For an album whose songwriting credits often stretch to nine separate people, it's astonishing how much of 143 sounds like it was written by Artificial Intelligence. Truth talks of "the truth will set you free", while Crush literally has a chorus of "my heart goes la, da-da-dee". While nobody is expecting Pulitzer prize winning material, it's sad to hear an artist with such longevity as Perry reduced to this.

It does end on a high note – Wonder is easily the best track on 143, a euphoric Avicii-style disco anthem. The lyrics are the same vacuous nonsense as the rest of the album, and there's even the slightly cringey sound of a young child singing the chorus in the intro and outro, but at least there's a bit of life about the song, which is more than can be said for the other songs on the record.

vfny4jB.gif

39 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I swear, this is a huge achievement for Katy and it aint an easy feat. I think we had Glitter, Bionic, ARTPOP, Radical Optimism, etc. over 2-3 decades as epitomes of flops but Katy now managed to surpass all of those and claim the most iconic flop by a P̶o̶p̶ girl of all time, even more iconic than Paula Abdul and Cyndi Lauper.

I mean from every perspective 143 is much much worse than those albums. Glitter, Bionic and mostly ARTPOP were miles more successful (in every single metric: chart, sales, singles success, critical reviews, reputation, public and online humiliation by everyone, etc.) than this 143 mess. I havent seen such phenomenon in a super long time. Every other so called flops were actually not flops anymore since they all had redeeming qualities to them, but there's not a single positive thing about 143.

It feels like Katy really said, if we can't be successful anymore, let's try to aim for the worst of all time, seeing how every single thing went wrong this era. Katy Perry & Dr. Luke's 143 will be in pop history books forever. :clap3:

i know you feel it

can you believe it?

vfny4jB.gif

5 minutes ago, Famekillers said:

i know you feel it

can you believe it?

vfny4jB.gif

she's gonna tank until the end and then repeat it

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

Nnnn not tryna get banned least of all for Ms. Katherine Hudson. But I'll post my red blanket.

moo.png

Hide contents

tumblr-5ea85c766cba7a1e06bcaa56078db7a7-

Oh wow oh wow... I get called a Capri's groove *****

Edited by tost1

the way ARTPOP is so vengeful she wont stop stomping on Katy until she's completely gone

first Witness

then Smile

now 143

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Friendly reminder that Bonnie McKee's album has been out for a few months and is a much better album. 

clock it bc how is bonnie, who, mind you, has the production budget of a cheetos bag, somehow the stronger artist

:clack:

a friendly reminder that if you need the opposite experience of this and want to listen to a 90+ album MELODRAMA is right there and L4 comes next year :heart:

Are most of the reviews highlighting the DR Luke stuff or her music?

I feel kinda bad for her. Maybe it will debut @ #1 on the charts still?

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Are most of the reviews highlighting the DR Luke stuff or her music?

I feel kinda bad for her. Maybe it will debut @ #1 on the charts still?

Hmmmm what chart? Surely not the BB 200 where it would be lucky to crack the top 5/10. It has just debuted at #7 on the Metacritic chart for the lowest rated album in music history tho.

I think this album will also surpass Smile and Radical Optimism to be the fastest album to exit the Billboard 200 Chart. 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Thanks 1

the way 2 star reviews will actually help its MC score is sending me :bibliahh:

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.