'143' Review Thread | RS: 1.5 out 5 | MC: 35 [2nd worst rated MC album after K-Fed]

Bends

28 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

CHEERS TO LADY GOTTWALD! You had a good 5 year run (2008-2013). You'll be remembered once a year on the 4th of July when someone turns to their friend and says "I remember this song! Who is the singer?"

:cheers:

Her music was objectively bad

she sometimes felt like a plastic bag

but like Britney, why should i be sad?

she had the morals of a hag

oh hey Charli do you fancy a f:xtinass:g?

Edited by Mariya Takeuchi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio ₃₈

• Bends

• wastedpotential

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Khal said:

MC threads are only kind of fun if it is an artist that usually gets acclaimed getting panned, or a panned artist getting good reviews.

An artist whose career has been consistent, universal panning just isn't that fun, like obviously she's getting lashed as per usual :rip: 

This 

Some people get a little too exited about these. As if Katy had been doing well. She has been panned all her career and has been flopping for almost a decade

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 2

that fake Observer review

• Like 2

Capitol still has enough funds to pay The Observer for a score of 100? How many loans have they had to take out in this era alone?:ryan3:

The RYM score is taking me out. This is a fiasco of epic proportions and it might become the most iconic era of the decade just based on how bad it's going :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

My guesses are:

NME & Variety - 70

Rolling Stone - 60

Line of Best Fit - 50?? (i really don't know since they give the most random scores)

AllMusic - 50

Slant - 50

Pitchfork - 3.8

Guardian - 20-30

Paste - 20

Sputnik - 20

So around 45. I think it'll be around the 40s like OOTB

• Like 1

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/2024/09/17/katy-perrys-rocky-album-rollout-shows-how-not-to-manage-your-pop-career/

Katy Perry's rocky album rollout shows how not to manage your pop career

The lead-up to this week's release of 143, her seventh album, has been a disaster. What went wrong – and where does she go from here?

The album's title is supposed to be Perry's secret code for "I love you", but for now it's more a case of: "Maybe we should start seeing other people. We're on two different paths right now. We've both changed and grown apart. I think we need some space." You get the message, Katy: it's not us, it's you.

• Haha 12

7 minutes ago, DockDock said:

https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/89029/Katy-Perry-143/

its anachronistic sound and lyrics serve as a catalyst for a descent into obscurity, leaving listeners to question how an artist of Perry's caliber could miss the mark profoundly.

awful

939a282b104dbefe_tumblr_nk7k5xAUzN1ttgih

This is a User score and not Staff, doesn't count on Metacritic. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing they didn't submit the album for early reviews? Usually a few publications would be getting their lick in by now.

Where do we think it will debut on MC? 35-45 range I think.

:ryan3:

4 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

I'm guessing they didn't submit the album for early reviews? Usually a few publications would be getting their lick in by now.

Where do we think it will debut on MC? 35-45 range I think.

:ryan3:

Best case scenario for Katy would be publications don't even bothering reviewing it

stephm.png

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.