'143' Review Thread | RS: 1.5 out 5 | MC: 35 [2nd worst rated female album ever]

Bends

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio ₃₈

• Bends

• RideOrDie

• wastedpotential

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

This is only one publication Metacrickets is still TBD sis

The average of 40 is 40. But I think she will improve it to 48–50, maybe. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bends said:

The average of 40 is 40. But I think she will improve it to 48–50, maybe. 

It has one 20, one 40, one 50 reviews to be considered, it's not moving up i fear :rip: and if that 5/100 is real then CHILE 

The main reason why I think the rejection of this album is so tremendous this time is that we've heard such great and well put together albums this year from Billie, Chappel, Sabrina, Taylor, Charli and this release just feels empty :rip:

• Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

The main reason why I think the rejection of this album is so tremendous this time is that we've heard such great and well put together albums this year from Billie, Chappel, Sabrina, Taylor, Charli and this release just feels empty :rip:

One sneak

JVWxnxM.gif

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Komet said:

One sneak

JVWxnxM.gif

and its Chappell because Rise and Fall... came out in 2023

spacer.png

Edit: not the downvote for stating facts... admittedly I am being pedantic but still

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

The main reason why I think the rejection of this album is so tremendous this time is that we've heard such great and well put together albums this year from Billie, Chappel, Sabrina, Ariana, Charli and this release just feels empty :rip:

I agree

• Like 2

Haven't log in this site for months and of course the first thing I do is enjoying this thread 

:clack:

That review from Independent is so ridiculous:

"We're a distracted nation – even major releases from Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande and Beyoncé have been met with less fanfare than you'd expect. Fans are busy genuflecting at the altar of three new goddesses: over the past 12 months, Charli XCX, Chappell Roan and Sabrina Carpenter have set a new (higher) standard for the genre. Perry, meanwhile, is still trying to recover from a series of dud albums and a palpable lack of any real hits since 2013's trap-infused "Dark Horse". "

They're uplifting women by bringing down another woman. I just know a loser wrote this crap. And Katy had several semi hits after Dark Horse :rip:

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 12

37 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

The Guardian review pointed this out as well. We have so much rich pop music that is genuinely fun and even breaking new ground (at least mainstream-wise), there is absolutely no demand for a dated mess like this.

• Like 3

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

And Katy had several big hits after Dark Horse :rip:

a single one isn't "several", sis

• Haha 6

Just now, Spicy Pisces said:

Queen @Bends can you update the OP with the reviews and score so far?

:ryan3:

I will during the next hours. History should be saved. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

That review from Independent is so ridiculous:

They're uplifting women by bringing down another woman. I just know a loser wrote this crap. And Katy had several big hits after Dark Horse :rip:

They didn't lie here at all…? :rip:

Katy's album absolutely sucks in comparison to all three albums. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Uncatena said:

a single one isn't "several", sis

Chained To The Rhythm: 543M Spotify, 760M YouTube, #4 Hot 100

Feels: 1.15B Spotify, 750M YouTube

Bon Appetit: 300M Spotify, 1.3B YouTube

Never Really Over: 700M Spotify, #15 Hot 100

Harleys In Hawaii: 550M Spotify

like... she literally had multiple (semi)hits since. Denying this just makes you look dumb as a music critic.

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.