'143' Review Thread | RS: 1.5 out 5 | MC: 35 [2nd worst rated MC album after K-Fed]

Bends

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio ₃₈

• Bends

• wastedpotential

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

These reviewers rarely review the music. They review the narratives around an artist. Hence why that AWFUL ice spice album got a 8/10 lolz. Pitchfork especially, what an embarrassment of a music publication.

Agree with you here. Not just pitchfork but almost all critics. Listen I kind agreed with mid scores of TTPD but when you read the review article,  it was all about Taylor's personal life. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, punisher said:

MWVIccl.jpeg

beautiful day at the beach

Gone out and touched sand :clap3:

Katy, take notes! Unless there's no sand on Planet Unbothered...

85d533f32f3dd37b40f17a5e980e54a4.gif

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, CameraFlashes said:

i do agree she needs to retire:deadbanana4:she has almost 0 inspiration for writing music and that's why 143 sounds like she's singing to a wall 

Yeah, she absolutely needs to retire, for her own sake

She could have rebounded after Witness so easily. She was happily pregnant, on national television every day, constant good press about her and Orlando. Instead she chose to double down on her cheesiness, outdated camp, and delivered a half-assed era with clown visuals thinking she was doing something. We blame and troll Witness for a lot, but that era actually had bops and SOME sort of substance. 

Her career really did die with a 

71wdCfPiarL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Now who did this?  LMAO

me sis, i'm on a beach vacay:nicole:

• Haha 2

Well, just gave it a listen and Im not happy to say it is collection of most basic and uninspiring songs I would expect from some little local singer and not one of the biggest pop star as Katy is.

Lazy lyrics, lazy production, nothing new or slightly interesting or creative

This is an album singer do in 2 months as last minute project just to get out of contract but not after 4 years hiatus

Honestly it is on the same level like Paris last album,. just with the difference Paris is not singer/songwritter and for her it was basically side project,

This really is 4/10 and as fan of Katy previous music, very disappointing

If there will be another single then "Artificial" and "Nirvana" would be good candidates

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, anastaciabby said:

not them not sending the album out to critics

Katy couldn't even keep the flopping entertaining 

85d533f32f3dd37b40f17a5e980e54a4.gif

Lowkey their smartest decision this era tbh

• Haha 5

Sorry if it's mean to say but the people saying this is going to be looked back on like chers, kylies, and Madonnas music?:rip: I---- idunnoboutdat 

The only way I know this album wasn't made from AI (and trust me there are several moments here, especially vocals, that sound AI'd) is because there's no way AI is capable of making music this bad :deadbanana4: 

Kathryn, you've outdone yourself again. Constantly lowering the bar for everyone. There's no rebound from here. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. She's absolutely cooked.

spacer.png

• Haha 5

Just now, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

A.V Club gave it a 5/100

fxwa.gif

As in 5? Not 50? 

1 minute ago, kwek_kwek said:

As in 5? Not 50? 

I don't know... you tell me

GX5dy10aUAIzMRW?format=jpg&name=small

Just now, sisternight said:

I could not find the review there...

It's waiting for approval, it was uploaded 15 minutes ago I think 

• Haha 13

31 minutes ago, Erotic said:

She could have rebounded after Witness so easily. She was happily pregnant, on national television every day, constant good press about her and Orlando. Instead she chose to double down on her cheesiness, outdated camp, and delivered a half-assed era with clown visuals thinking she was doing something. We blame and troll Witness for a lot, but that era actually had bops and SOME sort of substance. 

Her career really did die with a 

71wdCfPiarL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I think Smile is the quintessential Katy Perry album in my opinion, and encapsulates what she was known for. I don't disagree that it would have been much better if she shifted into a direction, but judigng what Smile was rather than what it should have been, I think it is judged unnecessarily harshly - as is Witness, which was the pivot she attempted to make, but didn't work out, so she backed into what she was known for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.