'143' Review Thread | RS: 1.5 out 5 | MC: 35 [2nd worst rated MC album after K-Fed]

Bends

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio ₃₈

• Bends

• wastedpotential

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Calvin said:

Rolling Stones really gave it 50/100? That's surprising. 

THE ACCLAIM

• Haha 2

She is being sent to hell

So rough, so weak

katy-perry-cup.gif

She's a loser, flopmion,

Subhuman, number O

She's a rapist, she's an accomplice

JVWxnxM.gif

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, teedhooks said:

Not sure if this counts for anything but Variety just released a negative review

https://variety.com/2024/music/album-reviews/katy-perry-143-album-review-1236151356/

"Effectively, "143" strips away the remnants of the perky personality that catapulted Perry into early 2010s superstardom. The album is flat, coasting on cascades of lyrical cliches and musical ideas that rarely crest. Across many of its 11 songs, Perry sounds disaffected and removed, as if she'd just punched in between "American Idol" tapings. Little of the clever wit that emboldened some of her biggest hits peeks out on the album, a disappointing slide away from the savvy she once so effortlessly exuded."

giphy.gif

Edited by STMG23
  • Like 1

"Yeah I got those palpitations, those boom boom booms / I'm on a new vibration / Yeah I need some medication / Your ooh, ooh, ooh," she sings on the mechanical "Crush," which plays like a Vengaboys B-side.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952slfi5jiwiqtjzaiobjd

• Haha 2

Variety panning is def the worst panning this album can get :deadbanana: they've been somewhat pro-luke and almost always give fairly decent to acclaimed reviews :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Summerboy95 said:

She is being sent to hell

So rough, so weak

katy-perry-cup.gif

She's a loser, flopmion,

Subhuman, number O

She's a rapist, she's an accomplice

JVWxnxM.gif

Creepy, no consent 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, STMG23 said:

"Yeah I got those palpitations, those boom boom booms / I'm on a new vibration / Yeah I need some medication / Your ooh, ooh, ooh," she sings on the mechanical "Crush," which plays like a Vengaboys B-side.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952slfi5jiwiqtjzaiobjd

Vengaboys :clap3:this was supposed to be a drag but they served taste I'm afraid :gaycat2:

i heard the album, good thing is short, but i think this is her worst album, and i like cheesy and basic pop, this album makes ava max sound like bjork im not even kiddin,

this is her worst vocal producing as well, she sounds horrible and she finally had nice pleasant song harleys in hawaii before. and apparently its not just my opinion,

streams for that song reveal everyone agrees she can sound nice but she went so backwards people wouldnt believe, its like she gave up,

i mean album is listenable, but its competing for paris hilton crown of cringe released this year and id say paris one is even better so you can imagine.

and also lol at once when we are older and shes like 50 :gaycatina1:

crush to me is the best, kudos to 21 savage who got paid for his worse verse yet

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

When 143 gets more points than TTPD from Pitchfork then what

MIc7wn0.gif.85fcf703574534909b3b15be1d54

it's not but is it even going to sell 0.05% of what ttpd did?

Edited by anastaciabby

What are people expecting from Katy Perry? She's never had acclaim lol 

6 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

more points left to reach 10.0 yes

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Variety panning is def the worst panning this album can get :deadbanana:

Variety is usually very happy with everyone too :rip: my god the industry hates Katy..:rip:

Edited by Yog
  • Haha 3

These reviewers rarely review the music. They review the narratives around an artist. Hence why that AWFUL ice spice album got a 8/10 lolz. Pitchfork especially, what an embarrassment of a music publication.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

I'd hide behind a Katy avi

spacer.png

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

These reviewers rarely review the music. They review the narratives around an artist. Hence why that AWFUL ice spice album got a 8/10 lolz. Pitchfork especially, what an embarrassment of a music publication.

Sorry, KatyPrismSpirit, but the reviews of 1(,)43 that I have read had very specific and very bad comments on the very music

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

i do agree she needs to retire:deadbanana4:she has almost 0 inspiration for writing music and that's why 143 sounds like she's singing to a wall 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.