What can Madison Beer do to finally break into Hot 100?

Smilers

Ever since Addison Rae scored her first Hot 100 entry with Diet Pepsi, people are bringing up the fact that she did it first before Madison Beer (whose highest hit peaked at 9 on Bubbling Under).

This is despite Addison largely being seen as a Tiktok fad while Madison is viewed as a legitimate artist who has been in the industry far longer.

What can Madison do to break this curse?

she needs to go back to the As She Pleases/Life Support sound. We need Emotional Bruises 2.0 and more pop, I don't really like this dance direction

She can't do much. She's been doing music for 10+ years and has only gotten a couple moderate hits. Sabrina got very lucky (hint: help from Taylor), I don't see that with Madison Beer.

the impossible thing for her - make good music

EDIT. 

Sorry, once again I mistook Addison Rae for Madison Beer :rip:I don't know what can she do but MYM slays

Edited by Kern
  • Haha 2

massive autoplay and payola. just get sabrina's team

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

It's known that her label isn't doing its job and she's been VERY vocal about it.

Invest in spotify autoplay + tiktok promo

They did everything right with Make You Mine, it was her best charting song by far. Too bad it was a bit all over the place .. radio peaking in august (song released in february:rip:), video released in april.

I think she should promote herself with other artists, similar to what Sabrina/Olivia did with Taylor Swift and interact with kpop groups. 

Though I don't think she would do all of this because she said that she doesn't care charts at all.

Make music that stands out. I really did like Make You Mine and feel like its the most quintessential song of her career so far if you get what i mean, it feels like her. but other than that her sound is pretty faceless and lacks clear identity. Kinda like Sabrina pre Feather / Short n Sweet teas.

spend her fortune on max martin

23 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

her sound is pretty faceless and lacks clear identity.

Did you listen to her stuff? Her artistic identity is clear as day on her last two album - retro-futuristic sexy vixen music 

• Like 4

Make you mine not charting makes no sense to me :rip: It was everywhere on Tik Tok 

• Like 2

collab with a popular DJ like Calvin or Guetta 

Get a Coachella spot and debut a single on it, that's how Chappell, Sabrina and Karol G all kick-started their massive eras.

Re release home to another one or sweet relief 

• Like 1

She needs a Coachella slot, a few late night performances and Tiny Desk Concert that proves she's a vocal powerhouse, and some cute TTH and radio payola. Her signing with Epic was a huge mistake given that they treat their talent like dirt and either discard them or keep them in limbl. Despite her not having a Hot 100 entry or a top ten album, at least she has 15M monthly listeners and can sell out 3-5k capacity venues with ease, that's more than what the average artist dreams of.

leave Epicfail Records

Her brand is glorified influencer. She needs to get off Twitch, stop hanging out with David Dobrik types and get on the festival circuit playing smaller stages. She never does festivals and this is huge for getting in front of new listeners. Try to land a big opening act slot. Develop a more defined visual identity (outfits, makeup, hair). Make sure her sonic identity is solid and also filling a desired niche. 

So much of her problem isn't even her label. It's her brand. She needs a better team all the way around.

Edited by Poptart89

yet her streams are great like Reckless has 500M, Make You Mine is almost at 200M, Good in Goodbye has 220M and Selfish has 330M...

most of these girls charting can't get 100M

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.