Is Dua mimicking a P!nk type career shift?

Solaria

Not in terms of personality, I know Pink used to be known to have more edge and she was much less polished than Dua. 

But, look at Dua's touring demand, she is really establishing herself as a touring force and a GP darling. I fear she will always be relevant in Europe and across the Anglo market as well :jonny5:

when she pulls flying acrobatic stunts during "Falling Forever", well yes! 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

I hope not, can't stand the soccer mom music.

:clack:

• Haha 2

Well, she better bring on the I'm Not Dead after the Try This (even though unlike Radical Optimism, TT was actually great) and not fall into the soccer mom trap later on. 

Omg thank you for this thread. After seeing the demand for presales in Europe I was scared I wasn't going to get tickets here in NZ and now she's putting on another show which is great

And yes, see when you make good music? :clap3:

Dua Lipa can't fly so theres no comparison 

Just like I've said before, Radical Optimism was a blip and thankfully caused no harm to her brand and relevancy. A good album next will course correct her numbers and do what RO couldn't. 

• Thanks 5

There is clearly a huge demand for her. Even though RO underperformed, we had the smasha Dance The Night and then Houdini, which was a modest hit for her. Her brand was not damaged. I just hope she surprises us with a rerelease and some bangers until the end of the year to revive the era. 

3 minutes ago, Migs said:

There is clearly a huge demand for her. Even though RO underperformed, we had the smasha Dance The Night and then Houdini, which was a modest hit for her. Her brand was not damaged. I just hope she surprises us with a rerelease and some bangers until the end of the year to revive the era. 

A rerelease for an album no one clicked with is wasted money and serves no purpose. If there's good songs that didn't make it, she should either use a couple as droplets throughout next year or save them for the next album. Although I'm not too sure people want her to work with Danny and Kevin any further. II doubt they have 'bangers' just lying around as leftovers anyway. 

Cute numbers but 50k in todays climate is nothing and definitely not Pink level. Olivia, Sabrina and Billie all had like 150k+ in queue for each of their Europe shows

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Not really. Pink was always an album seller everywhere . Dua isn't and her album didn't even reach #1. 

• Thumbs Down 1

No, Pink is a touring force decades into her career. Dua will not have that (at this rate). Dua can turn herself into a brand for sure, but music won't be what keeps the lights on for her. She needs to do other things, because she doesn't seem that passionate about music, it's just something to do for her. 

Just now, Big Bad Wolf said:

No, Pink is a touring force decades into her career. Dua will not have that (at this rate). Dua can turn herself into a brand for sure, but music won't be what keeps the lights on for her. She needs to do other things, because she doesn't seem that passionate about music, it's just something to do for her. 

Thats why she is going into the ice cream business

8 minutes ago, Fenryl said:

Thats why she is going into the ice cream business

Yikes. I see her as a host or TV personality or something like that. Maybe she can make a fortune selling greeting cards? That would be a cute gig. 

2 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

The IJBOL of the day :suburban:

Literally :biblio: are all these people scalpers? Where were they when the music dropped and y'all let her flop???

New York 3 shows selling out instantly at the moment….she really should've done stadiums :ace:

I hope people stop pulling this queue **** as a proof of demand; as if not more than half of those are bots

Like didn't 1 million people queued up for Shawn Mendes' UK show or something? And his latest single has even less streams than that many people

She needs to have a droplet era next year. A collab and a individual single wouldn't  hurt her to keep People in check she still here. 

2 hours ago, JO1s said:

I hope not, can't stand the soccer mom music.

You are listening artificially manufactured Kpop band. WTF LOL

6 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

I hope people stop pulling this queue **** as a proof of demand; as if not more than half of those are bots

Like didn't 1 million people queued up for Shawn Mendes' UK show or something? And his latest single has even less streams than that many people

But she sold out all shows so far in pre-sale or within minutes

Numbers dont lie

8 minutes ago, mike_int said:

You didn't even get the genre right, don't speak on things you're ignorant to.

10 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Favorite Type of Music: J-Pop

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Yes! Radical Optimism is her Try This, her next album will be return to form again! When Dua drops her "Who Knew" and proves she can write personal songs and turn them into hits! :jonnycat:

Fun fact, P!nk is actually one of Dua's two faves (other one being Nelly Furtado)

34 minutes ago, JO1s said:

You didn't even get the genre right, don't speak on things you're ignorant to.

same sh*t LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.