Pick a smash hit that your fave could've done better if it was their song

Slap

What's a smash hit that you think your fave could've done better themselves? This is not to shade people (or you can idc) but rather explore what could have been with some of the biggest songs. 

For me, even though I absolutely love Rihanna's version I cant help but think if Britney had done Umbrella it would've been even more iconic. I can already see a music video and live performance though I see why it didn't happen at the time and RiRi did an amazing job with it. 

spacer.png

I like Addison, but Gaga's version of Nothing On But The Radio was much better imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I like Addison, but Gaga's version of Nothing On But The Radio was much better imo. 

I have to agree, I can imagine an amazing 80s style music video. :clap3:

This was basically a Katy song with a Katy wig.

i love Jessie J but Katy's vocals would have brought more dynamic personality and made it even more pop imo

also this country hit:

katy's demo has so much more edge idk how I can explain it

Katy would've made Black Widow a multi-week number 1.

Bruno would've made All I Ask a multi-week number 1.

Literally any pop girl could have turned this into a multiweek #1 mega-smash if it was their lead.

This song never got its flowers.

Edit: I misread the thread. I know this wasn't a smash, but it could've been if any MPG sang it.

Edited by Rihinvention
  • Like 1

Jordan's >>>>>>>

probably something more his style.

Jordan doing this would of been PERFECT

Honestly Water by Tyla.

I like her but I've never been 100% sold on her vocal delivery. I've warmed up around it some, but in the beggining I used to fantasize about Beyonce's voice on that song and how it would elevate it all the time. 

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

This was basically a Katy song with a Katy wig.

i love Jessie J but Katy's vocals would have brought more dynamic personality and made it even more pop imo

also this country hit:

katy's demo has so much more edge idk how I can explain it

Katy's version of Bullet slays, it's giving Kelly Clarkson. Maybe she should've come back with a country album. I agree Domino would've been better with Katy. 

• Like 1

In 2004 Beyonce would've have 1 Thing y Amerie sitting at number 1 for at least 6 weeks

:giraffe:

I'm not sure if it's objectively better, but I think Taylor's vocals are smoother on her leaked demo of TIWYCF, and I like it more 

:cm:

Camila's original demo before selling "Anyone" to Justin ate. 

5 hours ago, Rihinvention said:

Literally any pop girl could have turned this into a multiweek #1 mega-smash if it was their lead.

This song never got its flowers.

Edit: I misread the thread. I know this wasn't a smash, but it could've been if any MPG sang it.

This is giving Future Nostalgia scrap.

2 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

This is giving Future Nostalgia scrap.

And I love it for that.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.