Which one do you prefer: "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" or "Hung Up" ?

Feanor

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)"
    • "Hung Up"

or

Which song do you prefer?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Do you prefer your left or right lung?

That's right, neither because it is impossible to answer. Scientifically-proven and peer-reviewed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Hung up for sure.

Hung Up is a highlight of Madge's career, but the ABBA original is gay pop perfection and slaps just as hard four decades later.

Both are great but Hung Up sounds fresher. 

Both are incredible, but I'll go with Gimme x3

I prefer Hung Up, but it's actually kind of amazing how much of a resurgence Gimme Gimme Gimme has had over the past 5 years.

idk if it's just an Australian thing, but straight boys love that song by. They're always getting drunk and chanting it whenever it comes on in a club, which , 1. Why is it suddenly playing in straight clubs? and 2. It's about getting dick after-hours, why are you all screaming for it?

Both still sound fresh which is amazing.

Hung Up because ABBA are over for rejecting Ava Max's sample of Lay Your Love On Me :coffee:, but even without that Hung Up wins

• Haha 2

• Haha 1

Two literal timeless classics. A winning for both! 

ABBA Gold >>> Madonna's discography 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

GGG is in all honesty a top 5 best pop song ever. Literal perfection, there's not a measure in that song that isn't an earworm. The intro, verses, prechorus, chorus, iconic synth hook, funky bridge, every single part of that song hits.

The production is immaculate; there are obvious disco influences because ofc it was late 70s, but compared to something like Dancing Queen, this is more just pure unapologetic pop. The vocals are immaculate, girls put their entire ******* and then some into those harmonies. 

The song barely aged, it's still gets played in clubs and the crowd kinda goes wilder fot it than some other clasic hits that are seemingly bigger.

Hung Up is much more basic and derivative, they're not even in the same league imo. A good showcase of how before its time ABBA's songwriting was tho.

• Like 2

I have to give it to "Gimme Gimme Gimme" here, but both are amazing.

I never liked Hung Up until this year , now I love it.:rip: Gimme Gimme is still superior tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.