Why Christina was so mean to teenage girls popstar?

leyaris11

Xtina as a teenager and young adult existed in the context of a media landscape where women were pitted against each other, drama encouraged etc. She constantly got the always the bridesmaid, never the bride treatment. It's clear this affected her and to an extent she took the bait and fell for it. Does that excuse the behavior? No, but I think she deserves to get cut a whole lot more slack than most people are willing to see. I think it came from more of a place of insecurity than malice.

The generations that came after were aware of all this even at a young age and approached and handled things differently. She even said before that she realized a lot of this as she got older and thinks it's great that it's different now.

ne7LodF.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

Symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and how severe they are can vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration.
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements.
  • Make achievements and talents seem bigger than they are.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Be critical of and look down on people they feel are not important.
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want.
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them.
  • Behave in an arrogant way, brag a lot and come across as conceited.
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office.

Sounds like your persona here in ATRL. Wondering if you are like that IRL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, CocoPouf said:

Sounds like your persona here in ATRL. Wondering if you are like that IRL. 

The people hating on that fragile 20 yo Christina are the ones comparing atrl's promiscuous gays to their 40 yo fave who fucks a felon with 12 kids. The call is coming from inside the house. FVL01XH.gif

Edited by Totami Legend
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

She thought she would be the Madonna and Britney would be the Cyndi Lauper of the late 90's/early 00's. Poor girl had such a big ego that she didn't expect it would be the other way around. :xtinass:

• Like 2

luckily she's been made aware of her #questionable behavior, has grown and shared this with industry girlies, and has not stunted in maturity. #winning #christinaaguilera25

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

She closed off because she was bullied when she was younger. Tyla pax said xtina said she use to be rude sometimes and not open to other artists. Then an artist she looked up to did it to her and she said she changed. 

I listened to JoJos book. It sounds like a misunderstanding with her. But she said she was rude to her uncle backstage. Jojo seems like she got over it and still seems to be a fan of xtina. 

So who did it to xtina I wonder :thing: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, attention said:

luckily she's been made aware of her #questionable behavior, has grown and shared this with industry girlies, and has not stunted in maturity. #winning #christinaaguilera25

spacer.png

She really won (against her demons and insecurities) in the end. Love seeing her thriving now.spacer.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Katamari said:

So who did it to xtina I wonder :thing: 

I know it isn't Whitney, Celine or Etta cause they got along well. I could've been Mariah but she still acted wild after that so I don't think it was that. I'm thinking it was Aretha. Likely around 2010 cause Christina kinda chilled out after that time 

Edited by Mtjjproducer
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, attention said:

spacer.png

At the end of the day, many Xtina stans will act as if she never made a mistake and many Xtina haters will act as if she never learned from them but she's very aware of all of it and she grew as a person. Acknowledging it privately doesn't make it any less real. I love that for her.

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

She closed off because she was bullied when she was younger. Tyla pax said xtina said she use to be rude sometimes and not open to other artists. Then an artist she looked up to did it to her and she said she changed. 

I listened to JoJos book. It sounds like a misunderstanding with her. But she said she was rude to her uncle backstage. Jojo seems like she got over it and still seems to be a fan of xtina. 

nn Xtina has beef with Triple H? multi industry beefing is insane, she had it with Vin Diesel too :jonny5:

• Haha 1

Not really. She was never mean to Demi and Ariana for example

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Not really. She was never mean to Demi and Ariana for example

She also met them much later in her career.  She kinda mellowed out by then 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mtjjproducer said:

She also met them much later in her career.  She kinda mellowed out by then 

Maybe she toned down her attitude 

8 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

you just made that up

sddefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAFEOAD8quKqQMa8AEB-AHUBoAC3AOKAgwIABABGHIgQyhBMA8=&rs=AOn4CLCEMvxgxkFGijIl2ul-37VB8Mt6Eg

Not really! They were pretty spot on tbh :ryan3:

18 hours ago, Selegend said:

Xtina didn't have a special problem with teenage girls popstars

she was just mean with everyone! A woman with no prejudice. :clap3: she hated everyone equally. 

Well said

Isn't she the reason the Gaga is a man rumours began also, I think she embraced the diva persona a bit too much that's kinda how the girls that she would have looked up too were back then but really it's just a cover up for jealousy/bitterness. Like I don't stan Mariah but she is such a diva but I've never seen her as unkind.

1 hour ago, eclipsed said:

Isn't she the reason the Gaga is a man rumours began also, I think she embraced the diva persona a bit too much that's kinda how the girls that she would have looked up too were back then but really it's just a cover up for jealousy/bitterness. Like I don't stan Mariah but she is such a diva but I've never seen her as unkind.

I can't think of a single story of a bad encounter with Mariah whereas that's every encounter with Christina. Someone posted a list of her beefs in the other thread and it was like 20 people. No wonder no one cared when she disappeared 

:ryan3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.