Die with a Smile reaches new Spotify peak today. Why?

duybeeGAshantiGA

3 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Fun fact: this was Flowers' last day above 10m

giphy.gif

Oh hurricane Gaga it going to get nasty in the next couple days 

G85FAVF.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• kwek_kwek

• Just a Gay on ATRL

• Human Fly

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I get the appeal, and it's a cute song, but this is kinda crazy. GP can be so unpredictable sometimes.

This is gonna make her lead single look like Luke's World :skull: 

I mean to appeal to the GP GLOBALLY all you need is serve MELODIES aka the most basic ingredient in making a hit. Same reason why ARUTW and Bloody Mary smashed with the GP (they're huge outside the Charts).

Edited by charot

14 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

when DWAs outstreams certain album releases then what

tumblr_nvysvyFAN91tpri36o1_540.gif

Or triples a certain album's total streams on release day

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I get that the song isn't exactly reinventing the wheel sonically however I don't find it basic at all from a musical standpoint - I actually think it would be a very challenging song vocally for majority of musicians to pull off and the song is full of rich harmonies and other really little details that elevate it that Gaga and Bruno make sound easier than they actually are. Tbh I think the song is a music nerd's dream to analyze lmao

You are exactly right. 

4 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I get that the song isn't exactly reinventing the wheel sonically however I don't find it basic at all from a musical standpoint - I actually think it would be a very challenging song vocally for majority of musicians to pull off and the song is full of rich harmonies and other really little details that elevate it that Gaga and Bruno make sound easier than they actually are. Tbh I think the song is a music nerd's dream to analyze lmao

This is true. Even singers here in the Philippines cannot pull off DWAS vocally and also David Archuleta. Lol

5 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

This. The song is anything but basic imho. Also it's catchy; I haven't listened to it in over a week, yet the lyrics still pop into my head from time to time.

Gaga is abt to have both the #1 song & #1 movie in the world 

nobody is doing it like her :clap3:

I see people comparing DWAS to Flowers stats all the time. I thought that Blinding lights was a bigger song on Spotify. I don't follow the charts though, so I wouldn't know. We can say that Flowers was bigger than Blinding lights on Spotify worldwide? Sorry for the dumb question.

The way absolutely no one, not even Liddos, thought it would be this huge and still be growing so many days after its release :jonnycat:

8 minutes ago, Snakeskinbr said:

I see people comparing DWAS to Flowers stats all the time. I thought that Blinding lights was a bigger song on Spotify. I don't follow the charts though, so I wouldn't know. We can say that Flowers was bigger than Blinding lights on Spotify worldwide? Sorry for the dumb question.

Blinding Lights is the most streamed song of all time, but did not have a huge peak on streams like Flowers. Its longevity is insane. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snakeskinbr said:

Flowers had the biggest Spotify peak of all time, hence the comparison. 

BL is clearly the bigger song, but it was due to its massive longevity, so no comparison can be made yet.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

The better question is why US Radios are paying it dust :deadbanana2:

intercourse dont wanna pay for payola methinks

:clack:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

It's kinda the BIGGEST song of all time I fear.

s62SmDS.gif

Madonna stan and Bradley Cooper

SCREAMING 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.