Gaga, Selena & Ariana will officially campaign & compete for Best Supporting Actress

IBeMe

41 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

The people who know nothing about the race doubting Selena when she's the only one with an actual chance at this point kii 

There isn't a lot of overlap between film festival attendees and the Academy; there's a lot (including her co-star) standing in her way that will probably keep her from being one of the final 5. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prézli

• Jay07

• Blue Monday

• DougAF

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DockDock said:

they say "submitted" they know something we dont.
:eli: looks like pop base its just reposting.

Who is their source tho? The voices in their head? :skull: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

There isn't a lot of overlap between film festival attendees and the Academy; there's a lot (including her co-star) standing in her way that will probably keep her from being one of the final 5. 

I'm not saying she's a lock by any means but she is certainly closer than the other 2 at this point. The real question for SG is how Zoe Salanda and KSG will campaign. I have heard that Salanda is essentially the lead but may go supporitng. 

Edited by Kylizzle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

I don't think Universal is concerned too much with nominations, they just want to make this a huge pop culture deal the same way Barbie became.

Agree! I wonder if it will be as big as Barbie though…. I have never seen wicked, but I also haven't seen much ads about it irl. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

I'm not saying she's a lock by any means but she is certainly closer than the other 2 at this point. The real question for SG is how Zoe Salanda and KSG will campaign. I have heard that Salanda is essentially the lead but may go supporitng. 

Yeah it sounds like KSG will go Lead and Zoe and Selena are Supporting

Edited by Blue Monday

11 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

Agree! I wonder if it will be as big as Barbie though…. I have never seen wicked, but I also haven't seen much ads about it irl. 

It's still early and Wicked has a big fanbase. I hope it's popular, it's my favorite musical.

3 hours ago, Hector said:

Selena's film is by far getting the most acclaim though. 

It's had a lot of screenings compared to others right now and there's still so much competition to come. If Zoe Saldana gets in supporting for that movie are they really going to nominate another supporting actress? The movie will have to have strong legs throughout award season to really hold that much weight. But who knows anything's possible. I hope at least one of these ladies will get in

• Like 1

there are so MANY actors with MUCH MORE acting CAPABILITIES than them... all of this because PR game... tragic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not the most talentless pop girl of all time Selena Gomez stans getting brave here and trying to drag Lady Gaga when The Fame (not counting Monster) alone washes Selena's "music career" and ASIB alone eviscerated whatever acting career she has lol

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, hypnodemiluv said:

there are so MANY actors with MUCH MORE acting CAPABILITIES than them... all of this because PR game... tragic.

You do realize that these roles require singing right which elevates their performance? Do you think Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar because of her acting alone?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.