Goodbye Lullaby by Avril Lavigne 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Goodbye Lullaby by Avril Lavigne 

Who said that was timeless?

• Like 1

Interesting thread.

Music sounding "aged" is not necessarily bad. There is also beauty in songs sounding like a capsule of an specific time.

I think the whole appeal of Future Nostalgia was being aged so yeah... On the other hand, ANTI is holding up pretty well imo.

But I agree, artist should strive to create something that is timeless and I don't think Dua was very successful at that.

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, jonnysands91 said:

Who said that was timeless?

@greeneyedsouldid 

• Haha 1

7128tY0BnEL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Bjork-Post.jpg

love post but it definitely sounds of it's age, specially in comparison  with Homogenic for me which it truly sounds timeless to me. post is in dare need of a 2024 remaster

Edited by TheBoss
  • Confused 1

Teenage dream and I'm not even kidding up until 2020 I only (if ever) used Circle the Drain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

I was an absolute Katy stan during Teenage Dream. Bought the album myself in like middle-school and played it a lot. There were always a few songs I never fully connected with but I really loved it for the most part. Over time, however, the number of songs I would skip/grew to flat out dislike became, well, most of the record :rip:

The era is obviously iconic and nothing will change that (the singles alone are legendary) but I really don’t understand why it gets revered as a classic or timeless album. As an album I think it’s quite inconsistent. Again, legendary moment in pop, but I don’t think I’ll ever want to play it top to bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, glitch said:

61rnNswI9gL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

That was released this year IIRC :deadbanana2:

27 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

That was released this year IIRC :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

Check the album title

• Haha 1

+ Ahead of it's time and a literal playbook for today's pop girlies 
spacer.png

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Kanes said:

For me:

1200x1200bb.jpg

Well, it's called Future NOSTALGIA for a reason. :khalyan2:

• Haha 1

Anti felt timeless but suddenly it sounds so 2018. 

Same with 4 by Beyonce.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

Interesting thread.

Music sounding "aged" is not necessarily bad. There is also beauty in songs sounding like a capsule of an specific time.

I think the whole appeal of Future Nostalgia was being aged so yeah... On the other hand, ANTI is holding up pretty well imo.

But I agree, artist should strive to create something that is timeless and I don't think Dua was very successful at that.

I agree with this. Every single piece of music is gonna age on some level through the natural duration of time and through sonic trends that were going in at each era of popular music. For me, it's not the sound that determines if something is going to age badly but the production choices and sometimes, a production choice is definitely... A CHOICE lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.