Gaga, Selena, Ariana: Who's getting an oscar nomination?

Souvenir

Gaga, Selena, Ariana: Who's getting an oscar nomination?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Gaga, Selena, Ariana: Who's getting an oscar nomination?

• Gaga
    • Selena
    • Ariana
    • None

What could lock Selena in is they moving Zoe to be co-lead with Karla and let Selena "alone" in supporting (cuz she's wayyyy higher than Adriana) 

but i dont think they will do that, so Emília will have to be strong enough to nominate Zoe and Sel on supporting. 

Edited by Selegend

1 hour ago, Hector said:

If we're talking GoldDerby now in Supporting Actress:

05 Selena

10 Gaga

73 Ariana in lead

Wait Selena is top 5???  :eek: 

I didn't know she had Oscar buzz this year

1 minute ago, Green said:

Wait Selena is top 5???  :eek: 

I didn't know she had Oscar buzz this year

She's even the movie highlight for some critics. Take a look at the movie page on Rotten Tomatoes. :heart2: It has been amazing to see, she 100% has Oscar buzz. Her chances are real. 

30 minutes ago, Selegend said:

She's even the movie highlight for some critics. Take a look at the movie page on Rotten Tomatoes. :heart2: It has been amazing to see, she 100% has Oscar buzz. Her chances are real. 

I hope she can pull an America Ferrera and get that nomination

Kinda crazy how people constantly laugh about Selena for being "talentless" and her acting is getting acclaim, would love for her to earn a unexpected nomination.

• Like 1

Zoe Saldana has bigger chances for Emilia Perez. So it depends on the competition. If it is weak both Zoe and Selena might get it. But If it is strong only one will get it and Zoe it's doing better. Selena is the last one in the top 5 atm.  

The other ones are out of the competition already

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Selegend said:

What could lock Selena in is they moving Zoe to be co-lead with Karla and let Selena "alone" in supporting (cuz she's wayyyy higher than Adriana) 

They are on a really difficult possition to campaign 

Lead actress is really weak this year but if they put Karla and Zoe on lead they will spread the votes and both will loose. Karla has a shot if she goes alone

Supporting is already a lost battle imo but it would be a win if both Zoe and Selena get noms. So I don't think what you posted will happen 

4 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

They are on a really difficult possition to campaign 

Lead actress is really weak this year but if they put Karla and Zoe on lead they will spread the votes and both will loose. Karla has a shot if she goes alone

Supporting is already a lost battle imo but it would be a win if both Zoe and Selena get noms. So I don't think what you posted will happen 

Yeah i agree

Joker isn't having as much buzz as expected, I think the rotten tomatoes score and Joaquin's controversies will hurt Gaga's chances, we saw how despite her doing well in H of Gucci it wasn't enough if the movie overall is not well received

Wicked won't get acting noms, probably just Hair and Make up, Costume design, or visual effects

The Emilia movie is the only actual competitor, but Zoe Saldana is the most likely Supporting Actress nominee from it, I don't see the movie having as much love as EEATO to get two actresses in the category, but that's the likeliest one 

i've seen Emilia and JFAD - and probably not for either. Selina's not the best supporting actress performance in that movie (Zoe Saldana is) and I think JFAD will totally blank, even though Gaga's acclaimed.

Wicked is not an awards movie.

• Like 2

A few months ago, my bet would have been on Gaga. Now, I'm thinking none of them will get nominated.

Selena has the best chances, but Zoe Saldana is a superior actress. It's unlikely there will be two nominations for the movie but who knows.

Gaga could get one, but the mixed reviews of the movie will probably hurt her chances (I'm not completely sure since I haven't seen it yet). 

Wicked will likely only receive nominations in the technical categories and makeup and costumes. I'm not expecting any major ones, though it could still be a surprise.

Edited by Dash_inthedark

Gaga and Selena's chances are bigger. But can't Wicked be nominated for a song or sth?

Don't bring Ariana into this mess. I'm just happy if Wicked won't be a box office flop

As most people have mentioned, Selena has the biggest chance but most likely none of them will get a nomination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.