Gaga, Selena, Ariana: Who's getting an oscar nomination?

Souvenir

Gaga, Selena, Ariana: Who's getting an oscar nomination?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Gaga, Selena, Ariana: Who's getting an oscar nomination?

• Gaga
    • Selena
    • Ariana
    • None

Jennifer Lopez for Unstoppable 

• Haha 3

None of the above!

Probably none but we'll have to watch the movies first

• Haha 1

If we're talking GoldDerby now in Supporting Actress:

05 Selena

10 Gaga

73 Ariana in lead

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Selena's film is a top tier Best Picture contender, which instantly puts her at much better odds than Gaga or Ariana. Joker and Wicked are not major awards contenders and will be lucky to score a few tech nods. However, Selena's film already has another supporting actress ahead of her so Selena's only getting nominated if the film is strong enough to get two actresses into the lineup. But it's either Selena or none of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I insane to think Selena is the one with the strongest chances because of the type of movie she's in (and joker fad is already receiving lashings left and right nn:dies:

• Like 1

None of them are getting nominated. Selena has the best shot based on the reception and its chances in BP but as someone already mentioned her co-stars have better chances. Joker FAD feels DOA and Ariana's submission is just part of the submissions the studio is pushing for Wicked. It'll probably do well in the technical categories though

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 1

Selena has the best chances but I still don't think she'll get nominated. I would be really happy for her if she did though and am knocking on wood that she does. 

Selena's only competition on being nominated is her co-star Zoe Saldana locked in. Thats the only reason its not guaranteed at this point, she only raises on predictions, everybody loves her in the movie and she's in a good position in this race. 

Gaga and Ariana lobbys will have to WORK. However its Hollywood so who knows, anything can happen. With the right work even them being nominated and Selena not. But its def not what is looking like by critics acclaim. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 1

Even if Gaga doesn't win an Oscar she's still the only one of those to transition from music to movies as Ariana and Selena are actresses gone musicians. 

I'll have to watch the movies first ffs

but hoping for Gaga 

We've seen Ari's acting in the trailers and it doesn't scream Oscar worthy. Selena getting an Oscar nomination would be a surprise but I know nothing about the movie. Her acting has improved on OMITB tho. This seems Gaga's best acting job so far. I'm not sure the mixed reception will impact her chances. Maybe, who knows but I feel like she can pull a Jennifer Hudson with a great performance in the musical numbers. The fact that she will nail acting, dancing and singing with her own take on 'Lee' sounds promising. Rooting for Gaga! Gaga is also possibly up for Best Score for writing a waltz in the movie. Let's go Gaga! Oscar win after releasing LG7 and before going on a World Tour. Manifesting!

Edited by SharGaga
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Selegend said:

Selena's only competition on being nominated is her co-star Zoe Saldana locked in. Thats the only reason its not guaranteed at this point, she only raises on predictions, everybody loves her in the movie and she's in a good position in this race. 

Selena is definitely the one in the best position! Zoe is definitely ahead of her but i think Selena can still make it. but i think the biggest question is if they're putting Karla in lead or supporting. if she goes supporting Selena is out

• Like 1

I know this forum likes to always count Ariana out, but Universal seems to be giving this movie a MAJOR push. Like the promotion has been non stop.  So I wouldn't be surprised if the Oscar campaign is solid and that gives Ariana a fighting chance. 

None of the above. Can we please stop with the singers cosplaying as actors? Let the professionals do their job.

Selena, just for the meltdowns :ryan3:

13 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

Selena is definitely the one in the best position! Zoe is definitely ahead of her but i think Selena can still make it. but i think the biggest question is if they're putting Karla in lead or supporting. if she goes supporting Selena is out

If Karla was supporting Zoe would be the lead (there are people that watched the movie and feels that should be the case…) so it wouldnt change things for Selena. 

but with what we know now, Karla is lead and Selena and Zoe support

they won't leave the lead category empty. There's no way. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.