Chappell Roan: "I kind of hope I don't win a Grammy"

TalkThatRihanna

6 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Her annoying ass is always whining about something when tons of girls that work hard would do anything to be on her position rn.

If you don't want fame, ask to leave your label and release music for free through soundcloud. "But i have bills to pay!!" then do it like Zayn: release music and then disappear. Barely interviews, no award shows, no promo at all.

If you don't want to win a Grammy ask your label to not submit anything by you for consideration as a nom... and well, you won't win!!

Some of you were comparing her to Billie and Lorde but they were annoying as teenagers (which is okay considering their age at the time)... Chappell is pushing 30. Please.

QKhBqBc.gif

SHES TWENTY SIX YEARS OLD?? Omg I thought she was a teenager 

• Haha 3

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matchatea

• Jay07

• ImpressMeMuch

• Strawberry Bubble

Girl please get a PR manager, or at least buy a journal to write down your thoughts in :gaycat7:

• Haha 1

love how she's being called whiny for bluntness when everyone is having breakdowns at every quote posted by popbase or pop crave :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rotunda said:

I get that she doesn't have complete agency over her career at this stage, and is having to grapple with a lot of sudden change, but this performative contradiction of someone who wants to do the major talk shows, do the major awards shows, do the major interviews, and do the massive performances, while also seeming above it all is obnoxious. 

and insufferable.

She'll prob slide by with this pattern of behavior since she's "quirky" and "fame is so new for her" unless she cancels more shows with 48 hrs notice :coffee2:

Edited by Tcharm

She said she doesn't like the fame but she keeps on making statements like this knowing that it would make headlines and have people discussing it and hating on her. I feel like she's doing this on purpose...

Edited by PYT
  • Like 2

her attitude is so old school artists back in prince/george michael days, she does say what people think when they are at her spots. she should get noms to further her networking among her peers.  

• Confused 2

God please take all her success and give it to Tinashe :jonny3:

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, tost1 said:

She makes Demi Lovato seem likeable

I love Demi, but in Chappell's defense, Demi had the whole Disney PR training since the very start s:wan:

4 hours ago, Matchatea said:

Reading the article it says she fired her therapist….. :deadbanana4:

:rip:

2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

SHES TWENTY SIX YEARS OLD?? Omg I thought she was a teenager 

is she really? :skull: 

then she needs to get a grip lmao I thought she was in her early 20's

Why are the gays already trying to turn against her like they did Sam Smith & Lil Nas X? Are y'all that miserable you hate seeing someone else succeed? Like she's ******* 26, dealing with mental health issues, and just got catapulted into fame after working her ass off for 10 years. You mofos need to ******* let that girl breathe. I see why people like Doja can't stand y'all ******* asses, miserable lots who objectify these women. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

9 hours ago, bjorn said:

I think she suffers from extreme case of imposter syndrome

:toofunny2: clearly.

She probably thinks winning a Grammy will render her too famous and people will expect more things out of her. 

I'm not really mad at it. I think Chappell is funny.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Can you drop out then? Tinashe has been waiting a ******* DECADE. :gaycat7:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, attention said:

the way the riles up the pop world we love to see it

chappell-roan-chapel.gif

I don't think the pop world are the fans she canceled on that liked her before she blew up or the normal fans of music that can't even look at her 

but ok 

chappell-roan-chapel.gif

It's refreshing to see a pop star with this mindset. Sometimes I wish my own fave Taylor could take some cues and not crave as much validation from Grammy.

If her label can't force her to tape a music video for her biggest song then she sure as hell can make them not submit her songs for consideration, especially when it's not free. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.