Chappell Roan: "I kind of hope I don't win a Grammy"

TalkThatRihanna

3 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

Well then don't submit it.

people will tell you over and over "her team/label did it!1" which is BS, Chappelle brags that she got the best record deal in the world and her manager has said Chappelle makes all the decisions and has final say on what she wants to do/where she wants to perform, etc. Katy is under contract tease I guess 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matchatea

• Jay07

• ImpressMeMuch

• Strawberry Bubble

6 minutes ago, anastaciabby said:

people will tell you over and over "her team/label did it!1" which is BS, Chappelle brags that she got the best record deal in the world and her manager has said Chappelle makes all the decisions and has final say on what she wants to do/where she wants to perform, etc. Katy is under contract tease I guess 

I am so over these new girls pretending to not care about fame, charts or acclaim then you see them in every award show, magazine spread, event and huge banners on any every streaming on every playlist hiding behind "that's their team not them!!!!"  if you don't care then drop your record deal and become a struggling indie artist for the "arts" with a waitressing job on the side and spare us.

Edited by Hitchhiker
  • Like 4

brain cells must be utilized here. Context: she dislikes the way her rapid rise to fame has affected her and her family's lives, especially people actively STALKING and harassing them. And here, she's saying she kinda doesn't want the award because of the expectations it sets for her (not to mention, we need to remember she might already feel pressure from her team, record label and stans to slay and keep slaying). :celestial5:

ATRLers: SHE HATES HER CAREER AND HER FANS - SHE'S AN UNGRATEFUL C***NT !!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And that's her right to feel that way. 

The way this woman is upsetting y'all just with her opinions and boundaries is so funny. It's like if an artist doesn't bend to the whim of what you want and expect from them, they're garbage. That's not how life works, and I'm glad Chappell has these people seething over quite literally nothing :flower:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I have been rooting for her for BNA and I still think she deserves that based on the quality of her music and her recent trajectory, but if she doesn't want it I'd rather it go to someone that does. 

Edited by Poptart89

Chappell fired her therapist so now she is spewing her unfiltered thoughts to the public instead. Girl please get a new one and change up your medication dosage because this isn't it.

I do feel sympathetic - obviously she wanted to be famous but fame hasn't been the rosy picture painted for her. So now she has all these mixed thoughts and fears. But again, it is better to express those thoughts to her rich and famous friends and commiserate with them rather than the public. The public doesn't give a crap about any of her struggles borne out of privilege and just think of her as out of touch.

Does she want her fans to be "kind of" happy if she fails?

I understand that she's not media-trained, but  how does she not see how these statements come off… 

unless she really does want to sabotage her success.  

13 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

stay mad! pressed! unhealthy! 

RARRRGGGG IM SO ANGRYYYYYYY 

:ducky:

it's kinda funny yall whine, cry, babble about "uurr pop culture is dead waaaa we need the 00s pop stars back" and then when a real pop star comes at you with real opinions and controversial takes y'all change your fits to "urr pop star i asked for is not an unseasoned white canvas perfectly cookie cutter designed to maximize blandness".

Love her and I hope she continues to speak her mind. Y'all stay stanning your crappy generic popstars :michael:

Controversial popstars of the 80s and 90s spoke out about women's rights, gay rights, racism and the disenfranchised, not constantly whining about how bad they have it when they're immensely rich and succesful. No one likes a cry baby especially when others genuinely have it bad.

Oh no someone wants a picture better call the WAHHH-mbulance.

Edited by Jay07
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

I'm not a fan of hers YET. But I think she's doing incredible exposure. Look at the press she's getting, look at the clicks, look how mad you all are. Truly the next gaga. 

Get that pred La chappell. 

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

And that's her right to feel that way. 

The way this woman is upsetting y'all just with her opinions and boundaries is so funny. It's like if an artist doesn't bend to the whim of what you want and expect from them, they're garbage. That's not how life works, and I'm glad Chappell has these people seething over quite literally nothing :flower:

Sis, she's a walking contradiction, constantly rattling off her disdain for fame, yet cancelled little show for a VMA performance.    She doesn't want GRAMMYs, but obviously submitted.  She doesn't want attention yet constantly puts out these interviews. 

We all know these people IRL

• Like 8

Idk what has bern going on in regard to her. The Midwest Princess era was one of the biggest breakout moments/albums of the year and now all I read next to her name are statements like "fame is an abusive husband", she doesn't want a hit nor a Grammy and also doesn't want a music video for her song.

She did say that it has been difficult for her, adjusting and adapting to the fame and public image. I hope she's okay. She should seek therapy and counseling.

These statements are doing the work to get her clicks, impressions, and reactions, intentional or not, which it is ofc, likely the former. But the actions do seem contradicting to them.

She doesn't realize what winning could mean for all the people who work for her. 

that was a very silly thing to say. 

• Like 2

She's very unlikeable :biblio:

On 9/16/2024 at 10:52 AM, bjorn said:

I think she suffers from extreme case of imposter syndrome

which LIKE ??????

It's always the most wildly creative and interesting folks that have to deal with that and it sucks. Chappell inspires basically everybody right now and she has completely shaked the table in this industry, we all know that. Like BABES. You're iller than all these girls. Wish she could own that, but she is super young & I value her humility.

Also, I love that music is not about awards and large scale prestige or recognition, for her. Too rare for artists to put the art and the soul first like Chappell does.

On 9/18/2024 at 1:20 AM, modeblock said:

brain cells must be utilized here. Context: she dislikes the way her rapid rise to fame has affected her and her family's lives, especially people actively STALKING and harassing them. And here, she's saying she kinda doesn't want the award because of the expectations it sets for her (not to mention, we need to remember she might already feel pressure from her team, record label and stans to slay and keep slaying). :celestial5:

ATRLers: SHE HATES HER CAREER AND HER FANS - SHE'S AN UNGRATEFUL C***NT !!!!

You're asking for too much logic from this forum, I fear

r9A1m9k.thumb.gif.e98c69f2f0a0771c3d40e9

On 9/18/2024 at 10:24 AM, Jay07 said:

Controversial popstars of the 80s and 90s spoke out about women's rights, gay rights, racism and the disenfranchised, not constantly whining about how bad they have it when they're immensely rich and succesful. No one likes a cry baby especially when others genuinely have it bad.

Oh no someone wants a picture better call the WAHHH-mbulance.

And she has been using her platform (despite not being as huge as some other A listers) to speak up about her struggles with bipolar/mental illness, LGBTQ+ right and especially trans people issues, the genocide in Palestine, etc. So what now?

But it's clear that yall refuse to READ what she's saying and already made up your mind that she's "immensely rich and successful and spoiled and constantly whining!!!".

Edited by State of Grace.

Chappell Roan is the perfect example of why it's not true when people say big artists like Taylor Swift or Harry Styles are only famous because they're white and privileged.

She proves that you need ambition, hard work, and the courage to face the challenges that come with fame—not everyone can handle that. I bet we all have bigger problems than Chappell Roan, but we're not getting rich off them like she is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.