Dua Lipa explains why her music is not too personal in the 60 Minutes interview

RedOne

3 minutes ago, mike_int said:

I dont know, Im not stanning anyone, I like music of many artists but "stanning" is again for people who dont have much to do in their own lives

Oh, I agree with the last part. But saying Dua doesn't make music for people who obsess over celeb culture, when Dua stans themselves do exactly that by obsessing over who she's dating, where she's going on vacation, etc, is kind of funny

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• ariananext

• Solaria

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Khal said:

Oh, I agree with the last part. But saying Dua doesn't make music for people who obsess over celeb culture, when Dua stans themselves do exactly that by obsessing over who she's dating, where she's going on vacation, etc, is kind of funny

Do they?

I dont have that feeling tbh.

If I look at some other "stans" of some particular singer (lol) I feel like Dua fans dont really obsess about who she dates and what she does and where she is unless it is somehow connect to her work, but it also might because Dua herself is not building her career on her relationships and break-ups and doesnt give hundreds of little clues in songs and videos to feed their fans which is directed to whom etc.

But again, maybe it is just me.

Personally I never cared about personal life of celebrities despite the fact Im obsessed with music and artistry they might release.

I completely agree with her statement and I have always thought it's very sadistic when a popstar has a public break up and makes a song about their ex that goes number one. Can you imagine what it feels like to have a song go viral because it's dragging you for simply breaking up with someone? But people don't care about men's mental health. Look at Josh Basset being hospitalized after drivers license and good 4 u. People have a right to sing about their own life, but there's a way to go about it and some pop stars are definitely take advantage of real life situations to manipulate their own image and make everyone feel bad for them and hate their ex. I would definitely sue for defamation if they put out so many details and it actually affected my career. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

I completely agree with her statement and I have always thought it's very sadistic when a popstar has a public break up and makes a song about their ex that goes number one. Can you imagine what it feels like to have a song go viral because it's dragging you for simply breaking up with someone? But people don't care about men's mental health. Look at Josh Basset being hospitalized after drivers license and good 4 u. People have a right to sing about their own life, but there's a way to go about it and some pop stars are definitely take advantage of real life situations to manipulate their own image and make everyone feel bad for them and hate their ex. I would definitely sue for defamation if they put out so many details and it actually affected my career. 

I also believe there is a difference how this can be done.

For example look at Adele. Her career was basically built on break-up cause of Someone Like You and later she was going through the divorce once she was already hugely famous, BUT she never shared details of personal life or the person, or gave all the tiny little indication what was about who etc.

Lets be honest, the way fans of certain singer are literally chronically obsessed with every detail of her life, how they nitpicking every single detail of her clothes, accessories, color she wears, every single little word indication in lyrics or videos is borderline obsessive, and that is only cause the singer herself is unbelievably self obsessed. That person must spend hours and hours thinking about nothing else but herself. Im actually certified psychologist and I gave multiple lectures about this.

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1

Stans blame female artist for talking about personal stuff in music like Taylor or Olivia (and many else) saying they want spotlights and sales but you also complain about artist who don't because "it's not personal":deadbanana: 

Have you ever thought about just enjoying the music? 

Stans taking the bait and showing how her statement is valid which actually is not shade to anyone.

and some of those artist proceed to give interviews to talk about how fame broke them lol

5 minutes ago, theweekend said:

Stans taking the bait and showing how her statement is valid which actually is not shade to anyone.

and some of those artist proceed to give interviews to talk about how fame broke them lol

Its not really shade when ... its-true-tho-janet-jackson.gif .. and they know it LOL

On 9/17/2024 at 1:07 PM, yonsé said:

she's literally speaking in the first person. why would it NOT apply to herself? 

open the schools........

Let's get something straight. Talk to your momma like that  not me. 

she also uses the first person to talk about her daughter in law killing her in her dreams. Does she have a daughter law 

clearly anti hero is a piece of fiction of course any writers pours their personal experience into their songs and my original point was that the song is not OVERTLY personal which means it still is but it's not just that 

Take your ass to school and please don't ever talk to me again you dumb *****. 

Well her so called breathtaking music is flopping her album only 798000copies worldwide after nearly 6 months. Girl insread of going on interviews try to salvage what little is left of your career cuz sabrina,tate,chapell,madison are coming for your wig. ..

she wasn't being shady at all but i can see why some people took offense :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.