Aged worse: Mid-90's Eurodance vs. late 2000's Electro-pop

prézli

Which genre aged very poorly?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which genre aged very poorly?

8 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I totally forgot about that 00s ******* bop thank u

I could've posted a Gaga track as well.

This kinda bulldozes any late 2000s overproduced electro track, so I'm inclined to say the second option aged worse. But trends are cyclical so I'm sure that style will fully come back at some point.

• Like 2

i think of 90s dance as being more inherently trashy than something like the fame or blackout

but that doesn't necessarily mean that its worse, trashy is good

I feel like they're both in the same boat. Sounds dated and corny but still bop-able:gaycatina1:

Late 2000s / early 2010s electro pop music was one of the worst periods in recent music history. I actually feel bad for people who were teens in that era :rip: one thing about gen z is at least theres good moody music with beautiful melodies going viral on a weekly basis thanks to TikTok instead of the electric pop music of the late 2000s/ early 2010s being shoved down ppls throats on radio and giving ppl literal migraines :toofunny3:

Edited by IBeMe

11 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Late 2000s / early 2010s electro pop music was one of the worst periods in recent music history. I actually feel bad for people who were teens in that era :rip: one thing about then z is at least theres good moody music with beautiful melodies going viral on a weekly basis thanks to TikTok instead of the electric pop music of the late 2000s/ early 2010s being shoved down ppls throats on radio and giving ppl literal migraines :toofunny3:

Late 2000s and early 2010s was an unpretentious era of just having fun, you don't need to feel bad for us at all. :wave2:

I look back at that stage of my life and I can't believe how depressed and cynical I have become since. Now that definitely has much more to do with other things in the world and my life outside of music, but the type of carefree music that was playing back then just amplifies to the overall feeling that those years might've just been the best of my life, when I still had so much hope and optimism for myself and the future.

Edited by Album Leak
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

Late 2000s and early 2010s was an unpretentious era of just having fun, you don't need to feel bad for us at all. :wave2:

The free spirit was nice but the music literally gave migraines :rip:

at least now music is so melodically beautiful :heart: (there were gems in that era too lol) 

2 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

This, recession pop was great and it will have its resurgence this decade I think. Not to mention the counter culture arrival of alternative / indie songs in 2012 that coexisted on the charts, that was a great period of music. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, prézli said:

I could've posted a Gaga track as well.

And tbh since her hits from that era still get 1M daily updates I'd say at least those aged well :chick1:  Poker Face and Judas specifically pull very good numbers for Gaga. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.