What songs in recent years have made it into your all-time top40?

HardBambi

from the last five years maybe:

don't start now by dua

true story by ariana (tbh i could list a bunch of songs from this year's album)

die hard by kendrick

she's all i wanna be by tate mcrae (back when she had choruses) but also you broke me first, greedy and a few others

my love mine all mine by mitski

get him back and vampire by olivia

Edited by makeawish

The most recent song to enter my top 40 most played tracks was "Delicate," which was released in 2017 and probably didn't reach the top 40 until 2020?

I don't listen to songs as much as I used to 10-15 years ago, so it takes several years of consistent listening for them to attain a lot of plays. "cardigan," for example, just entered my top 50 most played of all time last week. "Green Light" will likely be next after that. 

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

from the last 3 years:

Allie X - Galina

Beyonce - Alien Superstar

they're having a classic-off :jonnycat:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

they're having a classic-off :jonnycat:

i think AS might be my favourite Beyonce song ever. 

• Like 1

I feel like "of all time" is such a huge honor to give a song. 

and that is why I will be giving that honor to three of JT's best songs ever :gaycat2:

Other than that, I would say a lot of songs by other artists are probably super close. Idk, I just never think about how I would rank my favorite songs.

Edited by LovingDays

After 2020 / according to my Last.fm / all-time 40 most played songs

NEW ONES from this decade

1. River: I just live for the video, the hot guys,hunter warr, and the overall sophisticated gay vibe. So hot. (My most played song from the last 14 years, according to my Last.fm)

23. Good For U: I just love it. The video is very simple but there's something so edgy about it and the room she's burning looks like mine  :eli:
27. Bouncin : This is also a simplistic video but gives me such an innovative feeling. Love the blue,orange lightning and the basktetball court sacred geometry

30. Supernatural: This is now my favorite Ariana song of all time. I love the ethereal, spacey vibe. Songs like Everytime also have that feeling. 

31. Rain On Me: This is the song I associate the most with the pandemic. The struggle,depression and dystopian tech feeling of everything. 

Open Spoiler for Videos  :siptea: of the songs above

Spoiler

SONGS FROM PAST DECADES I LISTENED FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS DECADE / SONGS I RE-DISCOVERED IN THIS DECADE AND NOW ARE IN MY TOP 40
6. Shower by Becky: I rediscovered this song during COVID, when I was feeling nostalgic for the past, the good times, and my late teen coming of age years in the 2010s
9. Pyramid by Charice: I listened  this song for the first time during COVID too. I was lookin for uplifting pop songs i missed from that time and just fell in love
13. Another Dumb Blonde by Hoku: I was feeling nostalgic about my early 2000s y2k childhood and looking for songs I missed-didnt play from that era, and I discovered this one.
24. Genie In A Bottle: I was feeling nostalgic about my childhood in the early 2000s and all that innocence. i live for California and their beaches too. Re-Discovered
32. Cherish: I got really nostalgic about the '80s. I was a baby-toddler-early child in the early '90s, so I remember the magic of that Pre-Milenial World. Listened for the first time
39. Over By Lindsay Lohan. I was feeling nostalgic about the Pop Punk era of the 2000s and Myspace. Re-Discovered

Open Spoiler for videos :foxaylove:

Spoiler

So yep :gaycat2: these songs were added to my top 40 this decade

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.