Did you know Chappell Roan is 26 years old?

IBeMe

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Well no sh*t 

…?

This is was unnecessarily rude. All I meant was I know if they have or haven't had their birthday yet.

e.g. Miley was born in the same year as me, but she's a Sagittarius, so I know she's 31.

• Like 3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IBeMe

• prézli

• Bloodflowers.

• flower moon

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't most pop girls peak in their mid to late 20s? so this isn't surprising 

34 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

…?

This is was unnecessarily rude. All I meant was I know if they have or haven't had their birthday yet.

e.g. Miley was born in the same year as me, but she's a Sagittarius, so I know she's 31.

Didn't mean to come off as rude, sorry bestie :hug:

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sabrina Carpenter said:

didn't most pop girls peak in their mid to late 20s? so this isn't surprising 

Yeah they had their peaks in their late 20s but they usually broke out and started having hits in their teens or early 20s

3 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Yeah JLo was the exception for a long time! I think she debuted in music at the age of 28 if I'm not mistaken. She was an actress before that but she legit was one of the few exceptions of someone debuting in their later 20s and going on to becoming a main pop girl. It's refreshing to see it happening again now a days. Before you legit had to be like a teen or your early twenties by your first proper hit or else labels would think it was just too late for u (sadly). Makes me think about all the potential talent we all missed out on because of trivial things like age 

Umm ageism has never affected women in their late 20s. 

Shania, JLO, Gwen (solo), Fergie, Nicki, Sza, Sia, Lizzo, etc all had their breakthroughs in their late 20s/early 30s. It is nowhere near as rare as you're making it seem like. 

Ageism mainly affects women in their late 30s or early 40s. 

Edited by CaptainMusic

The fact that 26 is still young, yet the music industry many times has a problem accepting women after 24 :dies: Ageism is overlooked way too often

• Like 4

Chappell looks like and act her age. Do y'all want pop stars to act like Adele? 25-26 is a young adult age and basically the golden age of female pop stars. It's not chappell fault that y'all assume every upcoming female stars has to be a teenager. Sabrina is also 25 and she acts even more "cutesy" than chappell. Nothing wrong with it, they're still young female singers

No but tbh her styling does make her look around that age. That's not a bad thing though, young artists are often styled to look older and vice versa.

Edited by Illuminati

she looks older than me so not surprised

Dua was 21 when Be the One became massive. She didn't breakthrough in her late 20s. Even during the commencement of FN, she was 24.

nice she blew up before having to go the retirement homes:heart:

Edited by WildAmerican
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rihinvention said:

I'm also super into star signs

skjdsksdj same i always look up their birth charts first

I feel like apart from ageism, it's also how saturated the market is. Labels aren't willing to invest in these girls until they already have a song go viral or a straight up hit, so it takes years for them to make it big

• Like 2

:celestial5:  It has been awhile so looking for that next teen breakout star.  The youngsters right now are Billie, Olivia and Tate and its time for someone to replace them before they begin using their canes and walkers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Umm ageism has never affected women in their late 20s. 

Shania, JLO, Gwen (solo), Fergie, Nicki, Sza, Sia, Lizzo, etc all had their breakthroughs in their late 20s/early 30s. It is nowhere near as rare as you're making it seem like. 

Ageism mainly affects women in their late 30s or early 40s. 

No it definitely used to be a thing,

E.g. Remember XFactor having their "Over 25s" category and people would treat them like pensioners who were so brave for still trying to reach their dreams :deadbanana2:

Imagine all the years of domination we were losing cause she was not discovered :giraffe: 2019-2020 could have been great years with chappel.

and is crazy to think how we know somepopstars since teenhood like Miley.  We discovered her when she was 13 :gaycat2:

Miley-Cyrus-Hannah-Montana-081324-c53ff59f0198444ab1a7b2a41690f516.jpg

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.