Weird music quirks your fave does?

NOW

What kind of interesting or eccentric behaviors has your fave exhibited in music, either in the studio or for their live performances?

I'll start-

This woman's studio ways can be so unserious :deadbanana2:

Edited by NOW
  • Haha 3

what is lana doing with the paper?

for gaga: dope voice? am i understanding the assignment?

12 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

She put a piece of paper in front of her and the microphone for some kind of retro filter on her voice.

For the Gaga example, I guess that was more artistic choice for how she sang Dope vs something that is seen as an odd decision like adding paper as a filter when recording in studio. I'm thinking something like her tendency to put one of her legs on the piano as she's playing it?

article-2499255-19582E2400000578-216_634

• Like 4

Christina Aguilera does this "ha" thing when singing and it dates back to the Stripped era I believe. I've seen some people suggest it's a way to clear phlegm safely while singing but I don't know if that's the actual reason.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

Christina Aguilera does this "ha" thing when singing and it dates back to the Stripped era I believe. I've seen some people suggest it's a way to clear phlegm safely while singing but I don't know if that's the actual reason.

It's part of her signature style at this point :laugh:

I was gonna mention Michael Jackson had several signature ad libs of his own as well:

Kanye West too:

9 minutes ago, NOW said:

It's part of her signature style at this point :laugh:

I was gonna mention Michael Jackson had several signature ad libs of his own as well:

Kanye West too:

enter Ariana Grande's "yuh!" every other sentence :giraffe:

• Haha 1

Scrapping an album every 3 months :rip:

• Like 1

He likes to say woohoo in most of his songs

But its sah adorable and he does it so well. :gaycat3:

On stage? Justin likes to flip his microphone. I can't remember where, but he said it's like a nervous tic.

He also likes to take years in between releases despite constantly being in the studio.... :gaycat7:

My fave impersonated Donald Duck in Glory :heart: She's a Disney girl after all.

Edited by ChooseyLover

Beyonce loves to mix 2 unfinished songs together to create a new song. 

Victoria Monet will change the whole

key live and add in extra ad libs that will make the live version MILES better than the original. 

Mariah always makes a dance miss that's at least 6 minutes long. Paying homage to the 90's. 

Miley always does a phenomenal cover especially of a rock song.

6 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

I think her stuttered syllables/words she does in her choruses is more fitting, it's also her signature writing style.

Edited by Freaky Prince

Throwing in random vocal runs, ocasionaly singing with a deep voice for a few seconds in the middle of a song and overdoing the vibrato and the melisma when her mic is not turned off :deadbanana2:

my other fav just likes to whisper and dodge the high hotes while performing her songs :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.