The Weeknd 'Dancing in the flames' Spotify Day 6: #16(+1) Global, USA #31(-11)

Sweetestsecret

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Human Fly

• fridayteenage

• WildHeart

• elincomprendid

He has become very formulaic and boring. He has explored this particular sound as much as he can. I get it's a trilogy, but i hope the rest of the songs have something more unique.

• Like 2

King will bound back. The label tries to sabotage him by forcing releasing this dud, real single coming soon

• Haha 3

well the numbers don't look promising

the song is bad so it's deserved :sorry:

9 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

9 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

King will bound back. The label tries to sabotage him by forcing releasing this dud, real single coming soon

Katy and the Kats tease

ot, good im glad, it was getting redundant a bit. hopefully his next move is a "back to my roots" type album cause I miss his non botoxed self so much :chick3:

Edited by anastaciabby
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 6:46 PM, Gerardo said:

you people are doing too much, his lead singles are always a miss (Often, Heartless, TMB),

The dart went right to the centre of the board on that one, ma'am. He SNAPPED

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

#30 day 3

time for the next single

:gaycat6:

Dead on arrival? 2.7M WW :gaygacat5:

I- 

Imagine telling someone a few weeks ago that Abel's lead would be doing worse streaming numbers than Stupid Love did on day 3 :rip:

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:16 PM, TeemoR said:

I expected like 10m+ lol wtf is this

Wasn't he cancelled? Or did everyone forget about The Idol?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

The dart went right to the centre of the board on that one, ma'am. He SNAPPED

I didn't mean they were a miss as in them being a bad song, just a really bad lead single, I love the three songs I mentioned but they would've been better as a third single or even just an album track

I saw this coming as soon as Take My Success was released. After Hours was amazing and layered but instead of evolving he got even more formulaic and basic to chase Blinding Lights success. I don't know what isn't clicking for him that nobody wants that 

A7250-B82-B66-C-472-C-89-CD-3-C8074-ED2-

• Haha 2

TMB was his Chained to the rhythm and this is his Never Really Over. 

His small talk is coming unless he calls ariana 

But it feels amazing just another max martin product left behind and never coming back to grace of mainstream success. 

Goodbye pandemic act, u wont be missed and ur pushing 40 anyway.

A7250-B82-B66-C-472-C-89-CD-3-C8074-ED2-

9 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Imagine telling someone a few weeks ago that Abel's lead would be doing worse streaming numbers than Stupid Love did on day 3 :rip:

'Take my breath,sacrifice,out of time' all underperformed from his previous era. Just because Ariana helped him with two number one remixes it doesn't mean that he is still big as an artist. He has peaked 

9 hours ago, prézli said:

I know it's always said here that "the GP forget quick" but I feel like stan twitter is the one that forgets faster. Normal people don't know every  little thing about every main pop artist so the big controversies like the idol linger 

9 hours ago, prézli said:

I know it's always said here that "the GP forget quick" but I feel like stan twitter is the one that forgets faster. Normal people don't know every  little thing about every main pop artist so the big controversies like the idol linger 

The Weeknd dropped some mid and he is coming to tank. He does not have a massive and fantatical fanbase which means that his success has always relied on the quality of the music in the past. This new single is so mediocre that I don't see any way it won't bomb

It's a cute song, I really like it but I agree it's not as strong as Blinding Lights or Save Your tears. But maybe it could have longevity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.