• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• bjorn

• Doctor Dick

• V$.

8 minutes ago, Sprawl said:

This is a complete bomb for a movie with a $200M budget :rip:

There's no mental gymnastic that justifies it I fear.

My Choice GIFs | Tenor

There is. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Calvin said:

That one user scrambling for his/her life with unrealistic predictions. This film is not doing 3.57 multiplier. 

Karen GIF – Karen – GIFs entdecken und teilen

your prediction doesn't make sense.

Just now, Navyofbadgals said:

They should've never trusted his hack ass, the first one wasn't good and he has an absolutely terrible track record even without Joker. The fact that they gave him and notorious set leaver Joaquin a lot of creative freedom is a costly mistake to say the least :rip: could've just made a basic movie with him and a Gaga killing people and causing chaos and instead they made a pretentious courtroom drama with poorly utilized musical sequences.. OOF

To be honest, I enjoyed the first one with its flaws :emofish: I can totally see where the criticism is coming from though.

And yeah, I was personally hoping for a basic Mad Love drama following Harleen's transformation into Lee and becoming a villain terrorizing the city with Joker. The musical hallucinations could have replicated the madness in their heads and shown us the romanticized abusive relationship. Instead, we got...whatever the script is. I know Todd does not want to follow the comics, but sometimes less is more. :skull:

• Like 2

The way I have tickets to see this tomorrow and I lowkey don't want to have to sit through it if it's as bad as everyone is saying. :jonny:

Who over at WB needs to be fired? So many bad decisions were made for this entire thing and not even the cast seems to be all that interested in it. Miss Gaga really needs to try and step away from movies directed by men, me thinks. 

It's insane to me that after working with Gaga on ASIB, Phillips decided to just not use her? I'm curious if the studio is to blame for her being cut so much because they feared it was too Gaga heavy?

Edited by Sannie

The way i wouldn't be shocked if Joker 2 couldn't outgross Aquaman 2's WW gross

This is a DISASTER :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

To be honest, I enjoyed the first one with its flaws :emofish: I can totally see where the criticism is coming from though.

And yeah, I was personally hoping for a basic Mad Love drama following Harleen's transformation into Lee and becoming a villain terrorizing the city with Joker. The musical hallucinations could have replicated the madness in their heads and shown us the romanticized abusive relationship. Instead, we got...whatever the script is. I know Todd does not want to follow the comics, but sometimes less is more. :skull:

I feel like most people expected this and would've loved or been fine with it if this was the case. From what I heard now they are awkwardly placed in a movie that already feels too long :rip: i feel like both movies dont follow the comics but this one goes out of its way to be almost against the fans/comics and that is just a bad move :rip: 

shouldve just been more lowkey with some of the answers and premiered later. This was going to be a disaster anyways but they lost some good millions for having bad WOM generate for a good month 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Who over at WB needs to be fired?

GaGa, who is type casted to cheesy musicals. This should have never been a musical and she should have never been selected as Harley.

giphy.webp

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Sannie said:

It's insane to me that after working with Gaga on ASIB, Phillips decided to just not use her? I'm curious if the studio is to blame for her being cut so much because they feared it was too Gaga heavy?

It's so wild given the fact that JFad was almost promised at first as them being almost equal, and whilst I get that Joaquin would have more screen time it's so baffling that they cut so many Gaga scenes that people already pointed out as looking interesting :rip: perhaps an earlier more Gaga heavy cut also polled terribly internally but whatever they did they surely didn't fix it

she went from potential co-lead to underutilized and underwritten supporting character lol

On another I do wonder if it's even worth it for studios to hide that they're doing musicals given the reception. Might be better to NOT do musicals or just embrace it more lol

15 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

It's so wild given the fact that JFad was almost promised at first as them being almost equal, and whilst I get that Joaquin would have more screen time it's so baffling that they cut so many Gaga scenes that people already pointed out as looking interesting :rip: perhaps an earlier more Gaga heavy cut also polled terribly internally but whatever they did they surely didn't fix it

she went from potential co-lead to underutilized and underwritten supporting character lol

Right? Why cast a huge popstar for a movie you're forcing to be a musical and then not use that popstar? :deadbanana: 

I think the early rumors of the studio being afraid of the movie being too Gaga-heavy were true, but ultimately that would've just helped.

31 minutes ago, Sannie said:

The way I have tickets to see this tomorrow and I lowkey don't want to have to sit through it if it's as bad as everyone is saying. :jonny:

Who over at WB needs to be fired? So many bad decisions were made for this entire thing and not even the cast seems to be all that interested in it. Miss Gaga really needs to try and step away from movies directed by men, me thinks. 

according to matt belloni (reliable industry reporter), todd phillips had total creative control. WB asked him to trim the budget slightly and not film in LA and he told them he'd walk. don't think its an issue of a chopped up edit. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

spacer.png

Not even 1 m in India????? Damn

Y1VakQi.gif

Yeah, this is a colossal bomb

Y1VakQi.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chris said:

The Monsters nowhere to be found in this thread.

:rip:

It's crickets from them. They seemed to be swarming this whole site just a mere weeks ago :ryan3:

• Haha 4

It's not going to get much better, Liddos. So hold on to your wigs and jockstraps.

Private Hudson has a message for you:

tumblr_nves4j6gvK1roch78o2_400.gif

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.