Thoughts on 'GUTS' by Olivia Rodrigo 1 year later?

KatyPrismSpirit

The iconic sophomore album by pop princess Olivia Rodrigo officially turns 1 today. 

F5elTL0bQAA8pIr.jpg:large

It spawned the global #1 smash-hit "vampire", was nominated for Album of the Year at the Grammys and received universal acclaim from critics.

Some other achievements:

- "bad idea right?" was named TIME magazine's #1 best song of 2023

- all tracks surpassed 100M streams on Spotify, becoming her second album to do so

- all tracks debuted in the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, also becoming her second album to do so

- 91 Metacritic score

- the album and it's tracks received 6 Grammy nominations

What are your thoughts on this album one year later? 

Smash album and has no skips :clap3: 

• Like 9

Great album, a major step-up from SOUR.

love is embarrassing, get him back! and vampire are the highlights

• Like 7

A great sophomore effort that established her signature sound. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

:heart:  Underappreciated masterpiece that is a step up from SOUR

• Like 3

It didn't top SOUR for me and I low-key hate that the cover & branding were just a SOUR rehash but it's still a solid album.

The pop punk stuff was cute on SOUR but it felt dated upon arrival on GUTS. Lacy and Making the Bed are timeless though. 

• Like 1

i really like guts and think it's tons better than sour, which i largely think sucks tbh

i still think the upbeat tracks are the best ones - vampire and get him back are all-timers - and are in a different league to the ballads, but lacey and the grudge esp have grown on me a lot over time too

Edited by makeawish
  • Like 1

It's Great. Making the Bed and Pretty isn't Pretty are my most played still

• Like 2

bad idea right? Was criminally underrated. Such a fun and good pop song

• Like 8

I've only grown to love it more and more. Bad idea right, vampire, love is embarrassing, lacy and logical are all career highlights and the rest of the album still sh*ts on 80% of Sour.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Fantastic album, better than Sour, a one of a kind piece of art by America's Songwriter of a Generation

• Like 9

one of the best albums this decade for sure :clap3:vampire is the greatest piece of art ever created period 

• Like 5

I think there wasn't a single day since its release when I wouldn't want to listen to this album. i'm so obsessed with this album and listen guts everywhere I go. And also I never in my life was so impatient for any girl to drop her next album. I can't wait for OR3 😭

• Like 4

Streaming it right now and it still sounds so fresh. Olivia Rodrigo the young legend you are! 

• Like 6

Album of the decade. She did THAT :clap3:

• Like 2

Cute album, it performed well, but she definitely has to do something different now

• Like 5

I think it's a great album I'm so excited to see what she's going to do next

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.