What was the last book you read?

Space Cowboy

Project Hail Mary. Love it so far. Also can't wait for the movie :jonnycat:

Edit: Also do you guys know any new series like Hunger Games or Divergent?

Edited by GagaMegaFan
  • Like 1

Machine Vendetta by Alastair Reynolds. It was extremely enjoyable to read and I loved all the twists and turns but the ending was quite weak.

Loveless by Alice Osman :rip: 

it's lowkey light years ahead the sloppy bore that Heartstopper is 

• Like 1

Currently reading Fire and Blood before S3 of HOTD comes out and then planning to read the GOT books so I can be mad with everyone else that they're not finished :deadbanana2:

I actually reread Aristoteles and Dante because I read this one when I was a teenager and I hated it so I decided to reread now to see if I'd change my perception and I actually ended up enjoying the book a lot more. It's a really beautiful book, now I'll try to get my hands on the sequel that I didn't know it existed until like very recently :jonny6:

"Out of the Shadows - The Psychology of Gay Men's Lives" by Walt Odets

Made me cry and understand my place as a gay man in society a bit better. Made me a bit more at ease.

Fairytale by Stephen King

The Midnight Library for my roommates and I's little book club, I really loved it! Our next book is The Keeper of Lost Things.

I'm also slowly reading through ASOIAF, though I'm only halfway through A Game of Thrones s:wan:

Recently finished "How We Learn" by Benedict Carey - I'm a teacher so this book is quite fascinating. Whether my students will follow the advice that I share from this book or not is another story though :coffee2:

Currently reading "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut. It has such a strange overall structure but I'm enjoying it a lot. To be honest the first time I Ieanerd about this book & "ice-nine" was from when I was still a kid playinng "999" on NintendoDS :celestial5: and now many years later I'm reading it for real

reading "50 visions of kate bush" by tom doyle atm. came across an iconic atrl moment in history as kate and her sound tech casually invent the headmic in 1979

spacer.png

Together in a Broken World. A cute post-apocalyptic gay story, though the writing left much to be desired.

On 9/8/2024 at 9:27 PM, GagaMegaFan said:

Project Hail Mary. Love it so far. Also can't wait for the movie :jonnycat:

Edit: Also do you guys know any new series like Hunger Games or Divergent?

i haven't read it but i heard many people praise the red rising saga and comparing it to hunger games. might be worth checking out

OT: words of radiance by brandon sanderson

• Thanks 1

I just finished "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson. It was alright.

Now I am currently reading "The Lies of Locke Lamora" since everyone has been telling me to read it. :gaycat7:

I'm currently reading "It Was Vulgar & It Was Beautiful" by Jack Lowery which is about the impact art had on the aids epidemic. Very interesting

On the fiction front, I last read In Memoriam by Alice Winn, about two boys who love each other but don't know that the feeling is mutual and one has to enlist in WWI and the other follows and it was genuinely the best book I've read in a long time. highly recommend. has a happy ending but there is a lot of death involved so trigger warning there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.