Is Sabrina Carpenter the most versatile MPG since Gaga?

Julia Fox

Is she?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is she?

• Yes
    • No

I find Miley also very versatile (country, hip-hop, pop, indie, rock)

7 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

No :rip: I genuinely thought the OP would be someone trying to set her up but omg you're dead serious :deadbanana:

there's many examples, in chronological order after Gaga, I'd say Ariana (pop,r&b, dance-house, classical/theathre), Billie (pop, alt, electro, indie/rock), Doja (pop, rap, r&b, hip, hop) and even Dua (pop with disco/tropical/dance influences) are way more versatile than Sabrina who does only pop, and a mixture of Taylor/Kacey musgraves country pop, and also has like one EDM song?:celestial5:

Nnnn; not the Singular Acts I and II erasure. Also, Looking at Me gives Latin Pop. Saying that Sabrina does strictly pop despite the variety in her pop songs, while separating Ariana's pop songs in the manner you did. :deadbanana2:

Not you considering Dua more versatile as well. :rip:

I don't see Billie as that versatile either tbh.

I could see only Doja being more versatile if you're being as strict as you are with Sabrina, but that's it.

7 minutes ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

Nnnn; not the Singular Acts I and II erasure. Also, Looking at Me gives Latin Pop. Saying that Sabrina does strictly pop despite the variety in her pop songs, while separating Ariana's pop songs in the manner you did. :deadbanana2:

Not you considering Dua more versatile as well. :rip:

I don't see Billie as that versatile either tbh.

I could see only Doja being more versatile if you're being as strict as you are with Sabrina, but that's it.

The separation of the genres make sense, even if Billie makes mostly alt-pop, there's clear differences between NDA, HTE, lovely, Chihiro, etc, same goes for Ariana, nasty/SN/my hair is pure r&b, no other pop girl can perform a broadway/classical song like her, and break free/ROM/ya? are pop but more EDM/house than any Sabrina song

Even if you take the most r&b or the most country song from Sabrina, it's still pop

Edited by Gerardo

5 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

It's been a long time but Sabrina Carpenter seems to join the list after a dry period for the lack of new versatile MPG. The petit singer can do no wrong with city pop glossy and distinctive bops, sweet, nostalgic and catchy folk, a pure twang straight outta the golden years of Dolly Parton, a bold and roaring 90's rock bops that screams classics and a sultry dark and almost lo-fi R&B.

Is Sabrina the most versatile MPG since Gaga?

:ace:  The answer is no for now but please stop setting Sabrina up with these threads.  Are you really a fan or just pretending ?

I like Sabrina, but her brand is simply "short, blonde pin-up with word-play and sexual innuendo."

Yes, some of her songs have hints of other genres…but that's not groundbreaking. That's just pop music.

Until she's completely rebranded herself, saying she's "the most versatile pop girl" is somewhat laughable.

beautiful write up! thank you!

i have to agree :gaygacat9:

What about Rihanna? LOL.

8 hours ago, Joey307 said:

Girl, she released five albums and every one of them flopped into oblivion. She's getting her moment with her sixth, yes, but to be a MPG you have to be popular for years not for a couple of months 

No 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, RoseBud said:

Are you really a fan or just pretending ?

I have to laugh. I've seen it all on this forum :bibliahh: 

• ATRL Moderator

If we're talking new girls....Chappell Roan wins in my opinion.  She's only released one album so far but you can tell she'd suit a lot of different sounds well.

How exactly is Ariana Grande versatile again? I love good sis, adore her to pieces and stream her music regularly but versatile? She is just not. 

OT: Sabrina is very versatile like her mother The Christina Aguilera who is the epitome of a pop star's versatility and dynamic artistic range. 

• Haha 1

Out of the girls i listened to these last years I think doja is very versatile and talented. 

I havent dig much into Sabrina but we should definitely mention doja if we're talking about versatility.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.