Is Sabrina Carpenter the most versatile MPG since Gaga?

Julia Fox

Is she?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is she?

• Yes
    • No

Being a versatile artist in the mainstream media is something that not any musician could get. Only a few girls that were at the top of the game could run any genre with such ease and with so much effortlessly. Madonna, Cindy Lauper and Beyoncé. The last one great big example happened over a decade ago: Lady Gaga.

Gaga have shown she's capable to do roughy rock head bangers, anthemic pop that takes the best of the exquisite Europop, a big Nashville grandiose sings, strong and emotive ballads that are beautifully put in and the pure fashionable and shiny jazz.

It's been a long time but Sabrina Carpenter seems to join the list after a dry period for the lack of new versatile MPG. The petit singer can do no wrong with city pop glossy and distinctive bops, sweet, nostalgic and catchy folk, a pure twang straight outta the golden years of Dolly Parton, a bold and roaring 90's rock bops that screams classics and a sultry dark and almost lo-fi R&B.

Is Sabrina the most versatile MPG since Gaga?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

Did we forget that Ariana Grande is a popstar who exists and releases music suddenly :chick1:?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, lgaga1fan said:

Did we forget that Ariana Grande is a popstar who exists and releases music suddenly :chick1:?

What styles can do Ariana besides pop and R&B? Just asking

not all the sabrina songs mentioned sounding pretty much the same

• Like 3

Are you suddenly unaware that she's in one of the highest profile musical films of the year and is a trained broadway vocalist?

And that she floats perfectly on a trap beat?

She was making house music a decade before everyone else was, and returned to it this year:

She can sing jazz adjacent ballads:

She floats perfectly on a pop banger:
Pure Dance

Full EDM

Full Synthpop 

Not to mention she actually made music that was way ahead of the curb almost a decade ago with this song which basically blends 4 different genres together:

My Everything and Sweetener fully showed off how many genre's ariana is fully capable of executing and its why she was instantly flung into the top a-list of the music industry. 

Ms Carpenter has a nice voice and can write some cute songs adjacent to a Kacey Musgraves but lets not kid ourselves and pretend that she's suddenly extremely versatile, especially when several of the examples you listed are very light in the genre's theyre attempting to fit into. Not to mention she's basically referencing Ariana in her releases already as well:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I don't think she has proven herself that versatile yet.

In my opinion, the most verstile artist since Gaga is Doja.  :gaycat5:

• Like 5

No? 💀

• Thanks 1

There's some better names than Sabrina being mentioned here but nobody has mentioned Billie yet who has the talent and musicality to match or even surpass Gaga's versatility, but she hasn't needed to branch out too much yet.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bielneira said:

I don't think she has proven herself that versatile yet.

In my opinion, the most verstile artist since Gaga is Doja.  :gaycat5:

I could name multiple people but focused on Ariana Grande bc she's a clear come for Sabrina. We haven't even mentioned artists like Billie, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Halsey, Doja... girl even SAM SMITH :ahh:

Sabrina isn't a main pop girl so let's start with that 

Girl no, her music is very heavily pop-oriented and her visuals are not nearly versatile enough to earn this title.

Doja is the most versatile from the current gen. Even Billie is more versatile, she's already dabbled into alternative, pop, R&B, jazz, rock, trap, folk, and electronic.

21 minutes ago, Joey307 said:

Sabrina isn't a main pop girl so let's start with that 

doesn't she have the number #1 album in the world rn and three of it singles went #1 globally?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

doesn't she have the number #1 album in the world rn and three of it singles went #1 globally?

Doesn't really matter, this is the same site that said Ariana wasn't a MPG up until 2019 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Joey307 said:

Doesn't really matter, this is the same site that said Ariana wasn't a MPG up until 2019 

:gaycat7:

1 minute ago, Carter said:

:gaycat7:

Girl, she released five albums and every one of them flopped into oblivion. She's getting her moment with her sixth, yes, but to be a MPG you have to be popular for years not for a couple of months 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Joey307 said:

Girl, she released five albums and every one of them flopped into oblivion. She's getting her moment with her sixth, yes, but to be a MPG you have to be popular for years not for a couple of months 

pick a struggle 

• Haha 3

This can't be a serious question 

clearly a troll thread :skull:

She's definitely up there with Paulina Rubio :heart:

Respectfully, no. Honestly it's too early to even call her a MPG. She could just be having a crazy year like Meghan Trainor and Camila Cabello had who are now completely irrelevant and forgotten. I like Sabrina, but she can quickly be forgotten as fast as she blew up.

Edited by LustSpell

No :rip: I genuinely thought the OP would be someone trying to set her up but omg you're dead serious :deadbanana:

there's many examples, in chronological order after Gaga, I'd say Ariana (pop,r&b, dance-house, classical/theathre), Billie (pop, alt, electro, indie/rock), Doja (pop, rap, r&b, hip, hop) and even Dua (pop with disco/tropical/dance influences) are way more versatile than Sabrina who does only pop, and a mixture of Taylor/Kacey musgraves country pop, and also has like one EDM song?:celestial5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.