Travis Scott's label disputed Sabrina Carpenter's No. 1

Nefertiti0

Written ahead of the Billboard 200's publication, the letter alleges the process behind that week's albums chart was "unreliable and incomplete," focusing on a portion of sales Cactus Jack claimed were not included

Cactus Jack's letter claims that final digital editions of Days Before Rodeo spurred "an extremely high volume of orders,"  causing delays in the final minutes of tracking.
The letter claims Scott's units in question "comprised 1,291 actual units verified to have timestamps between 11:45–11:59pm."

According to the letter, Cactus Jack was not initially concerned about units because data available to labels on August 31 showed Scott with a 11k unit lead over Carpenter. But after independent retail numbers were reported on Sunday, Carpenter had taken the lead.

The letter suggests Carpenter's indie sales had been weighted more heavily than a normal album sale, even though Luminate stopped that practice at the beginning of 2024 to improve accuracy. "It clearly bumped Sabrina's final number of units just above Travis by almost the exact amount of units we erroneously 'lost' that would have counted toward week 1," the letter says.

Cactus Jack's letter adds that it "is especially concerning" that the Luminate employee whom Cactus Jack and Single corresponded with had previously worked for Carpenter's label, Island Records, alleging he would have "a personal incentive" for Carpenter to earn a No. 1.  According to the employee's LinkedIn, he left Island in May 2021, 4 months after the label signed Carpenter in January.
Luminate also works with both Scott's parent label, Sony Music Entertainment, and Island's parent, Universal Music Group.

A spokesperson for Luminate said the company is standing by its data: "We are confident that our numbers are correct in accordance with our processes and methodology."

• Haha 6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• IBeMe

• Arthoe

• Assassin

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha!

Yeap this confirms it she's the new Madonna

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

LOSERS :coffee:

• Haha 1

nixki-minaj-shrug.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ofc a man would be pissed because a woman's iconic and hyped album went #1 and his botted and label purchased record with 100 deluxes did not..

Maybe he should cheat with some other girl again, that could cool him off.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Are we sure Travis isn't an ATRL user because I faintly remember "send a letter to billboard" being one of the go to drags from old ATRLers back in the day when fans would be upset their fav got blocked on the charts :toofunny2:

The contact us link replies always sent me :dies:

• Haha 6

B1tches doing all that womp womp womp womp womp womp womp

spacer.png

• Like 1

I find it funny because if it wasn't for your fave these practices wouldn't have been executed as often as this. He didn't really do anything Taylor hasn't done herself. 

But congrats to Sabrina because you should never block a breakthrough with cheap tactics like this when you're a veteran. 

• Thanks 6

Not to defend travis but is crazy how billboard accepts fraudulence when its taylor and one of their faves doing 

it, but not when its asian or black artists

Edited by Sugden
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Don't care about either, but the MESS sure is entertaining. :xtinass:

A reverse "I spoke to him. He knows he doesn't have the #1 album this week. I love my fans for the #1 album in AMERICA!"

• Haha 4

Top 2 and I ain't even number 2 

0uCddEV.gif

He should be in jail let alone not complaining about chart manipulation. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

Yeap this confirms it she's the new Madonna

"Madonna gifted the record store employees microwaves!!!111" :laugh:

He's such a fraudulent murdering piece of sh*t :biblio:

So glad she came out triumphant and blocked his desperate ass, Sabrina really is the reigning new MPG :clap3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Boohooo, reminds me of the tennis scene from The Man MV. Some guy losing to a woman and breaking down over it :dies:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.