40th Anniversary of Madonna´s LIKE A VIRGIN performance at VMA 1984

mike_int

It's been 40 years since Madonna made her mark at the first VMAs with her performance of "Like A Virgin."

She was told her career is over after this performance.

History was made and biggest female pop-star was born.

madonna-mtv-vma-2.jpg?w=683vmas-1984-madonna.jpg?w=800vmas_1984_madonna.jpghq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Now this is what we call ICONIC

• Like 4

I am no way, a Madonna fan, but I completely understand EVERYTHING she has accomplished. She took much heat for being sexual, while Prince was praised. 

Madonna's 1984 Like A Virgin performance paved the way for the MTV VMA awards, PERIOD. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You should be banned. When I saw thread I thought anniversary edition of the album got announced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

When you watch a female performance and you can't understand what's so controversial about it, you know you're in front of a woman that pushed the envelope really really hard. :jonny5:

• Like 4

The most iconic VMA performance of all time :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

You should be banned. When I saw thread I thought anniversary edition of the album got announced. 

Just read the whole sentence next time

The fact that she recreated this performance and it became just as infamous/iconic is crazy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NOW said:

The fact that she recreated this performance and it became just as infamous/iconic is crazy.

Yeah both version incredibly legendary 

While I love early Madonna I actually prefer the 2003 performance 

I also love the music video for LAV

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.