Megan Thee: New Era, No Hits, Why?

Mrnoniee

Girlie seems to have move onto a New Single with BTS Member.

so I guess the Megan Era is over, Let's have a recap:
"Megan" album by Megan Thee Stallion
Album: #3 [8 Weeks on Hot200]*
1st Single: Boa #39 [2 weeks on Hot100]
2nd Single: Hiss #1 [6 weeks on Hot100]
3rd Single: Cobra #32 [2 weeks on Hot100]
4th Single: #36 [8 weeks on Charts]*

*denote currently charting, but out of top50

Mamushi was going to be a HIT that she has been chasing ever since Savage. 
things were promising, the visuals were on point, a tiktok trend behind it, But it TANKED [seemingly].

The new Metamorphosis/Rebirth era of hers, spent 18Weeks on Hot100 with FOUR Singles :emofish:

What's the reason for her FAILING to get a hit?

she has them LOOKS 
she has them BEAUTY
she has them BODAY
she has them BUZZ

What's missing?
0uCddEV.gif
Disquss

Edited by Mrnoniee
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

• ATRL Moderator

The album is supposed to get a deluxe so let’s not call it over yet

• Like 2

Idk how you got from the single with RM that it means the end of the MEGAN era. :rip: Maybe it's a droplet, maybe it's for a deluxe, maybe it's for his project.

Anyway, the era started in November 2023. It's now September 2024. Apart from a select few blockbuster eras how many other artists are doing eras longer than that?

HISS was a #1 single which is nothing to turn your nose up at even with its short chart run.

15 minutes ago, Burn said:

Idk how you got from the single with RM that it means the end of the MEGAN era. :rip: Maybe it's a droplet, maybe it's for a deluxe, maybe it's for his project.

Anyway, the era started in November 2023. It's now September 2024. Apart from a select few blockbuster eras how many other artists are doing eras longer than that?

HISS was a #1 single which is nothing to turn your nose up at even with its short chart run.

Here are some more of her stats for you to judge whether she scored a HIT or not:

YT Stats:
Mamushi - 29m
Boa - 13m
Hiss - 34m
Cobra - 23m

Her Spotify Stats:
Mamushi - 132m
Boa - 44m
Hiss - 98m
Cobra - unknown

0uCddEV.gif

Edited by Mrnoniee
  • Haha 2

So wait are you trying to say that a top 3 album, a global #1 single, and a viral hit on TikTok means something is missing?

go look over your stats again and compare them to her peers. 

• Like 9

she needa reinvent herself & have new flows.

only two songs stand out. the rest of the album could easily be something from good news or something for the hotties. :rip:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mornings said:

So wait are you trying to say that a top 3 album, a global #1 single, and a viral hit on TikTok means something is missing?

ignore them they think guts is a huge flop skddjdk:bibliahh:

anyways mamushi is coming for 200M streams soon and i dont see any other female rappers achieving that this year

The music is the problem... she used to have better songs, with memorable verses and catchy hooks. Now everything sounds boring.. the best song that came out this era is wanna be, she should have kept that for her album :rip:

8 minutes ago, punisher said:

ignore them they think guts is a huge flop skddjdk:bibliahh:

anyways mamushi is coming for 200M streams soon and i dont see any other female rappers achieving that this year

really huh ?

:clack:

18 minutes ago, Mornings said:

She's doing only slightly better than them, I agree with OP. 

The whole Stallion brand is strange, she seems like she has a fanbase nearly Barb sized, but the numbers don't ever match up.

It just really seems like most were GP only here for the Nicki drama. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, D.Va said:

really huh ?

who then?

Latto, JT, Ice Spice etc. couldn't do it this year who am i missing 

actually lay bankz! nevermind i guess:priceless:

Just now, punisher said:

who then?

Latto, JT, Ice Spice etc. couldn't do it this year who am i missing 

this just gets even funnier with this post sdfghjhgf

I was referring to the rap girl you stan (used to stan ?), I found it funny because it showed how little faith you have in her.

Just now, D.Va said:

this just gets even funnier with this post sdfghjhgf

I was referring to the rap girl you stan (used to stan ?), I found it funny because it showed how little faith you have in her.

if she keeps dropping mid she can keep flopping idc :clack:

but i wish barbz the best of luck with the gag city deluxe <3 maybe yall will get a music video this time!

• Haha 1

She's a great media personality, but her music isn't hitting like it used to

• Like 3

It really is a curse to go against our favorite snow bunny, Ms. Minaj. Everyone gets a hot minute off of her name and immediately falls off. 

• Like 1

well, mamushi is ******* everywhere rn, at least where I live, so that's definitely something

Three top 40s and a #1 on the Hot 100 as an indie artist? You think that's not having a hit? The delusion. She is smashing in my world not sure what planet you're on. 

• Like 4

- She's missing strong hooks.

- Female Rap kinda filled the gap that was left when the big pop girls were taking big gaps between albums and the new crop hadn't emerged yet. They were serving visuals, catchy music, drama/beef, etc. I think pop is back on the upswing again, and female rap will wane for a bit. 

With that said, rap is kinda a different beast. You don't really need constant hits to maintain cultural relevance, so I think she'll be fine. She's also still quite capable of getting a viral hit here and there.

Edited by Rotunda
  • Thanks 5

I will definitely be giving Mamushi a good review on my 100 most played songs of 2024 countdown in December. :cm:
Unless all of my favs drop albums.

Edit - Wait, oh no, it's only at #150. The music this year has been insanely good. Idk how i'm gonna talk about all the songs, if this song that i love is only at #150. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

As a Billie stan who loves Megan, I do not approve of this thread :biblio:

Hiss, Mamushi, and Wanna Be were all hits in the US this year. Megan is doing MORE than fine right now.

• Like 2

I mean..'MEGAN' already has something a lot of albums don't have, a #1 hit (although 'HISS' wasn't that stable, it still reached #1)

Plus her singles actually chart pretty well, they might not be top 10s but it's really good for an independent artist. Plus the album debuted in the top 10 of BB100 and UK charts, that's incredible.

Let's not forget that Megan is a rap girlie, which means that her music caters to a more limited audience. 

So I would say that she ate, plus the era is still going so Megan might get another hit

spacer.png

• Thanks 3

Wait, oh no, it's only at #150. The music this year has been insanely good. Idk how i'm gonna talk about all the songs, if this song that i love is only at #150. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.