Not everything revolves around winning an Oscar

shyboi

31 minutes ago, Radical Pessimism said:

that was rigged 

Seethe.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyboi said:

I keep reading "She needs to this in order to get a nom, she needs to do that to win the Oscar" 

Believe it or not, some actors do it for the artistic growth, the experience and maybe even the payment, but awards aren't always the end game 

plus she already have one academy award, ofc it would be great if she gets a second one, but itch has been scratched, her priorities are different, work with new directors, different roles, evolve as an actress, etc 

Bye.

Y10FBTj.gif

2 hours ago, Cesar said:

all award shows are pointless, who gives a f*ck about what a bunch of old wh*te people think. if the audience likes it that matters

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952g80qw77x0g3kjqgm9a

Sorry sistrens, so what is the point? artistic growth or success?

The truth of the matter is: If you want to succeed with the whole package as an actor, you will need to have commercial success. But you will forever be limited in which roles you are offered and which directors will want to cast you, if you don't do movies that resonate with the arthouse crowd and critics/award bodies :giraffe:

I mean, how boring would that be to only see big blockbuster movies all the time or only interesting indie movies? I need both and I respect those actors who succeed in both.

Edited by STMG23

5 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

i don't even know if it's the Liddos or OGHs that expect Gaga to win an Oscar for every single role :rip:

the standards for her are insane, there is no actor/actress that gets Oscar buzz for every role they have :rip:it's so unrealistic

8 hours ago, shyboi said:

I keep reading "She needs to this in order to get a nom, she needs to do that to win the Oscar" 

Believe it or not, some actors do it for the artistic growth, the experience and maybe even the payment, but awards aren't always the end game 

plus she already have one academy award, ofc it would be great if she gets a second one, but itch has been scratched, her priorities are different, work with new directors, different roles, evolve as an actress, etc 

Bye.

Y10FBTj.gif

The way you didn't even say who she was. Everyone just decided it was a Gaga thread.

The change of tone from Liddos as if they didn't preach this Oscar thing ever since she was casted for the role :rip: 

This anticipation the liddos have for awards season is a set up and screams insecurity. She don't need to collect every oscar nom in sight to prove she's a good actress and her acting career is just developing, you can't realistically expect her to have a Meryl Streep kind of treatment. Just enjoy the ******* movie and get off the necessity to hold on every little external praise she gets.

On 9/5/2024 at 4:40 AM, Rihinvention said:

The way you didn't even say who she was. Everyone just decided it was a Gaga thread.

the funny thing is that, it isn't about Gaga 

I think we only really want it because we want to fulfill the Cher/Barbara prophecy….

spacer.png

But Gaga cares a lot that's why she does a heavy campaign. There's nothing wrong about talking about it.  

On 9/5/2024 at 2:10 PM, OrgVisual said:

The change of tone from Liddos as if they didn't preach this Oscar thing ever since she was casted for the role :rip: 

This.

I've seen no one but liddos hyping this as an Oscar potential role for Gaga ever since she was announced to play Harley :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.