Not everything revolves around winning an Oscar

shyboi

I keep reading "She needs to this in order to get a nom, she needs to do that to win the Oscar" 

Believe it or not, some actors do it for the artistic growth, the experience and maybe even the payment, but awards aren't always the end game 

plus she already have one academy award, ofc it would be great if she gets a second one, but itch has been scratched, her priorities are different, work with new directors, different roles, evolve as an actress, etc 

Bye.

Y10FBTj.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

all award shows are pointless, who gives a f*ck about what a bunch of old wh*te people think. if the audience likes it that matters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

So true
spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Ga's career revolves around the golden trophy because she is a winner and people rightfully expect her to pick up WIN after WIN. 

True, some girls are able to win Best Actress at Cannes.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

While I agree with the sentiment, it is essentially evidence of validation from your peers--which I think is something Gaga wants (especially given she was pretty much s*** on by her inspirations in her musical career). 

Whether or not she actually cares--or any actor for that matter, it's still nice to have. 

7 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

spacer.png

That wasn't even a solo win.

One Oscar is not going to pay the rent. She needs one more or her career is over.

RXigIyf.gif

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

spacer.png

but can they sing in key in their chorus 

selenamay19_d.jpg

OT: little successters are always annoying but what I find most grating about these oscar races is that they don't ever get this worked up over the big 4 Grammys, despite the fact that EVERY Lady Gaga stan cares infinitely more about her music career. It's like they care so little about the film itself that they just latch onto the awards instead as something to brag about. Just watch the movie and discuss what you did and didn't like about it like a normal fan of something.

Edited by Sheep
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

but can they sing in key in their chorus 

selenamay19_d.jpg

OT: little successters are always annoying but what I find most grating about these oscar races is that they don't ever get this worked up over the big 4 Grammys, despite the fact that EVERY Lady Gaga stan cares infinitely more about her music career. It's like they care so little about the film itself that they just latch onto the awards instead as something to brag about. Just watch the movie and discuss what you did and didn't like about it like a normal fan of something.

I'm a Liddo don't worry I'm not shading Gar

spacer.png

EXACTLY! just being nominated is enough. To be considered for an oscar and be listed among the best is a huge honor in of itself especially as an artist who is mostly a singer like Gaga.

Plus she may win another oscar for a song if there is something original 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

I'm a Liddo don't worry I'm not shading Gar

spacer.png

Oh I'm aware but that's not going to stop a good joke

selenamay19_d.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Oh I'm aware but that's not going to stop a good joke

selenamay19_d.jpg

Spill, Gar can do Alex Russo but Selena can't do Lee™.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

hypocrites , not surprised 

i don't even know if it's the Liddos or OGHs that expect Gaga to win an Oscar for every single role :rip:

• Haha 2

It's so funny cause the haters will turn around and say it's a Juicy J award, but make fun for not getting nominated

RXigIyf.gif

• Haha 2

True, some people have a Nobel Prize. That's difficult to get, not everybody has that.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gq70kh1ce3fblefl8t

Well Gaga has the privilege to cherry pick her roles. Let's not pretend that her come up as an actress is comparable to that of a nobody slowly building a name for themselves over the years. She didn't have to do tons of garbage, straight to dvd forgotten films to make a living the way a lot of actors have. Which is why she makes a movie once every 2 or 3 years instead of churning them out like TTPD variants.

With that in mind, I think she definitely treats each opportunity she gets as a potential Oscar nom/win bc we all know how important validation in the acting field is to her so it's no wonder her fans feel the same way.

• Like 3

i'm not saying this as a drag, but the way gaga campaigns, it is very evident that she herself wants an acting oscar. there's nothing wrong with wanting it and striving for it though. 

• Thanks 4

She will get it eventually (or at least will try harder and harder) + she already got one, which is actually very difficult to get, so...:michael:

Edited by Roberto

1 hour ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

spacer.png

that was rigged 

When the fans start waving the white flag for you…

paz-white-flag.gif

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.