Chappell Roan confirms she cancelled tour dates because of the VMAs, fans are mad!

Teen Spirit

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starchild

• BrokenMachine

• liquiddiamonds

• mike_int

Mehhh this stuff happens. I remember when Doja cancelled a show in Phoenix because she wanted to extend her vacation in Hawaii :skull:

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Isn't that what she wants?

Good point :lmao:

would've been understandable if it were for the Grammys but the VMA's?… :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, taemin said:

The VMAs haven't produced an iconic moment in a decade now. Her career blew up on a certain FOMO feeling that people got from seeing her festival performances - those are what partially built her career to be what it is now, not the 2/3 late night show appearances she had. I hardly doubt this VMAs performance will do anything for her career honestly.

I had tickets for the Paris show and spent a ridiculous amount of money on flights + accommodation, only to have my show cancelled on such short notice and not being able to get any of the money back.

All of this happening on the same week she had those lengthy rants about fame and exposure - truly made me analyze her in a different light and I'm starting to agree with people who call her a phony, inconsistent hypocrite.

I genuinely hope this VMAs performance gives her whatever she wants because she's one of the most talented recent acts, but you don't do this to your fans, sorry - specially not to the ones that supported you and bought your tickets before you dreamt of blowing up. 

+ she could've recorded a tour performance and having it play on the VMAs like so many other artists do these days lol

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Teen Spirit said:

Thoughts?

And prayers 

Yeah ok fair enough but aren't the dates for the VMAs known literally months in advance? I doubt they asked her to be on last week. She could at least given more notice for people to cancel their plans.

• Like 3

I mean if wasn't like she cancelled a sold out arena date. It was a theatre venue no? They'll survive 

• Like 1

uff I love the way she's setting up expectations for this one performance. C'mon stunt queen, teach 'em!

• Thanks 1

They should have aired a segment of her concert live for the VMAs like they used to when an artist couldn't attend. I believe Madonna did this with Causing a Commotion back when she was on the Who's That Girl Tour.

The VMAs aren't exactly a hot ticket tbh. ...odd choice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Yeah ok fair enough but aren't the dates for the VMAs known literally months in advance? I doubt they asked her to be on last week. She could at least given more notice for people to cancel their plans.

To be fair it wouldn't be unbelievable that she was asked fairly recently. Even though the VMAs date was known about months ago, Chappell wasn't that big then, it's only in the last couple of months she's gained this popularity.

She's kind of blowing a lot of the goodwill people had towards her.

Probably could've been handled better but good choice to pick the VMAs over some small shows :clap3:

I'm sure millions will watch her performance when it's uploaded even if they don't watch live

why couldn't she just send a pre-recorded performance or host a livestream :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

she has no star quality so she's milking her success but i don't see her as an artist who can stay on top for much longer. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

How can you say you want to "pump the brakes" on fame, then skip tour dates to perform at the VMAs to boost your celebrity profile? Lol

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Laura Palmer said:

Seems the haters are more mad than the fans :ryan3:

the same people who drag her in every thread are now mad that she cancelled a few tour dates, as if they had tickets :clack:

just proves that the outrage is fake and they're just looking for a reason to hate on her

• Like 1

ppl really should just get off her dique :alexz2:

it's not like the tour can't be rescheduled and moved to a bigger venue 

• Like 3

The way she's handled this whole ordeal has been really off putting. Like she knows what she did is wrong since her only mentions about the cancellations have been a 24 hour instagram story and a comment buried on an unrelated IG post. 

and even when she DOES acknowledge the short notice cancellations it's very flippant + the whole y'all are WEIRD comments she makes about her fans wanting a picture with her when she's "off the clock"

tbh she deserves to be dragged by her fans, like I said, her behavior towards them has been so off putting. 

• Like 2

Seeing how her live performances and shows always go viral, this will be yet another one and thee highlight of that night :clap3:

The cancellation was unfortunate and a bad look, but they'll get over it. The rest will keep fuming here and on Twitter because she set her boundaries and told their parasocial asses to **** off.   

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.