Did Hailee Steinfeld's Wrong Direction deserve better?

YourFavoriteWeapon

I know that when my good sis @Breakdownsees this thread he's going to have a panic attack over me sharing a scathing song about Niall Horan being unable to keep his dick in his pants, but I always thought this was a really beautiful ballad and deserved a lot more recognition and success. 

There are so many things I love about it: the title being "Wrong Direction" as a reference to Niall being in "One Direction", the subtle usage of vocoder, the amount of genuine pain and vulnerability in her voice when she sings certain phrases ("and it's so gut-wrenching", "guess I was crazy…", and the little almost spacey/futuristic sounds in the background of the production (it's hard to notice but it really kicks in at 2:37). The fact that it only has 158M streams on Spotify (with 23k daily streams… :rip: ) and only charted in Ireland and Scotland at #61 and #71 respectively is ******* Criminal.mp3. Like you'd think it would've at least been able to chart in the bubbling under dd. :clack:

I truly believe that if Republic got their **** together and gave this song a proper push with some playlisting/radio adds

/payola

, she could've had a cute hit on her hands but her incompetent label fumbled the bag the same way they did with all of her post-Let Me Go. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Omg this is ur 10th post? Soon you may rival the other regulars here

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

Omg this is ur 10th post? Soon you may rival the other regulars here

Now you got me worried if I'm being annoying :rip: 

• Haha 1

"how did you sweep me right off my feet" 

:jonny2: i was asking the same damn thing, she ate tho 

I really liked Hailee back in the day when she released Haiz. She had great songs, then released some songs that I didn't connect with and lost her steps. Something that I was missing from her were some vulnerable songs, this is a good one, never heard it. 

• Like 1

I remember listening to this at some random music channel before the pandemic. Instantly feel in love with it and looked it up on YouTube.

The entire Half Written Story deserved better (except I Love You's, that song is lazy). Your Name Hurts was #1 for 15 weeks in my house :jamming:

Hailee's entire music career deserved better and I will die on that hill

• Like 4

Absolutely deserved better. I would love to have heard a whole album akin to Half Written Story.

• Like 1

Yes, she DID that

EC2A422C-62AE-40DD-BCF0-BFC10FABAFA8.thu

• Like 1

Yes the track is one of my ballads ever

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.