How bad will the '143' era get in terms of lashings, hatred and vitriol?

KatyPrismSpirit

well-  

93 members have voted

1. 1. well-

• Keeps gettin' worse
    • Keeps gettin' better
    • Undecided

the flopage will extend the online hatred that's a given but in terms of bad repercussion i don't think she's going to surpass WW's reaction (because Dr. Luke), that was the peak

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STMG23

• Sugar-Rush

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Marla Singer

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be sweet retribution and we'll drag 143 for a week or so before we move on to something else. I suspect we'll see the return of some iconic gifs too.

spacer.png

Edited by Sugar-Rush

She'll keep getting lashings from stans and critics, but the era is DOA with the GP, so they won't even care enough to join in on the hate.

1 hour ago, Bends said:

Sadly, this album will be panned by critics. I can see that reviews will contain more dramatic and moral, not creative aspects. 

don't worry, they will drag the creative aspects as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope it's so bad that Luke never sees another dime because no one besides Kim wants to work with him.

I also hope Katy has to disappear for a good, long while until she gets some sense knocked into her. And if that's never, then she should stay gone forever.

44 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I hope it's so bad that Luke never sees another dime because no one besides Kim wants to work with him.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

It's already peaked with Woman's World. There will be schadenfreude and thinkpieces when the album bombs in the same way there was when the single flopped, but it won't surpass what's already been contributed because there's not really much to mine here. Dumb rich woman did dumb thing, will continue to be rich. 

I predict a 45-55 metacritc score which is in line with what she gets anyways. First week numbers will bomb but didnt Smile bomb. None of what's happening is nothing that cats aren't used to. Smile flopped and so will this. If u like Katy then dont listen to detractors and enjoy the music

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bends said:

Sadly, this album will be panned by critics. I can see that reviews will contain more dramatic and moral, not creative aspects. 

What is Katy serving exactly that deserves to be creatively analysed?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I think that once it comes out, people will be like "omg this is horrible" for a week or two and then it all goes quiet.

However the album's stats will be a constant drag for the katycats

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glitch said:

The metacritic thread will be one for the books

vfny4jB.gif

I'm so proud of myself for immediately recalling that Solar Power thread

• Haha 1

More lashings :clap3:never let the heels off the katyklowns necks 

• Like 1

'What should we fear the most?'

DWAS outstreaming the entire 143 on release day/week.

Edited by charot

I think it will be hard and fast.

A lot of think-pieces and hit threads for 2 weeks, and then it will be promptly forgotten.

For all the Dr. Luke discourse going on, I think the lyricism is actually going to be its downfall. As toxic as Luke is, the production is very polished. Every song's production sounds like it was meant to.

But the lyrics are so repetitive, and each line is only 3 words long. It's like they started with the beats and then said "ok, what are some words that rhyme?" which makes it sound like Cocomelon for adults.

At least it will be over after the first week, no one will remember it after that. 

8 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

Just avoid the internet during 143's chart run (~2-3 weeks) and you'll be good.

vfny4jB.gif

i don't think it will even chart for 2 weeks at this point

vfny4jB.gif

• Like 1

Girl just…. You know the answer. You're a good person deep inside, just change your avi for Gaga and join our base. It's not too late :heart: 

• Like 1

I think people just won't care. Obviously bad reviews and low numbers but not in an entertaining way. Just regular, mild floppage. Except if she does something to ignite backlash. The Kim Petras and 21 Savage songs are both mines waiting to blow up if she drops videos or performs them in an SNL 2017 way

I think first week sales will do better than we think. Still won't be good considering resources and energy spent pre album release but it'll probably get top 5 based on physicals alone. Most of the GP won't be aware of the conversations happening about her too tbh.

also, when/how were the plagiarism claims retracted?

13 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Well? Can somebody please tell me so us cats can mentally prepare a little bit? Have we hit rock bottom? Can it only go up from this point? What should we fear the most? The future HDD thread? The Spotify numbers? The viral hate posts after her Vanguard performance? The Pitchfork review? More controversy? I'm scared ATRL. Please help. I need answers.

So far we had to endure:

- Dr. Puke controversy

- Bad reception to Woman's World

- Accusations of environmental terrorism

- Bad Spotify/Billboard numbers

- Accusations of plagiarism (RETRACTED/DISPROVED)

whats weird is he fans were hyping her on here, attacking gaga saying they are the same in streams and popularity, saying katy is coming

then she reaches new levels of bombing and doesn't even realise it herself :rip: If you're gonna go back to dr luke, at least make sure your new content is good

I honestly think Kats should expect pitchfork's first 0.0 score in years 

vfny4jB.gif

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, glitch said:

The metacritic thread will be one for the books

vfny4jB.gif

Finally a thread worth printing again 🥰

spacer.png

Edited by STMG23
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.