Could Sabrina make a Joni-like career shift?

Lagerfeld

Her pop mother Taylor Swift already attempted a hand in making such shift, however, the real Joni was not pleased. Uttering the comment "If she's going to sing, good luck!" to the idea of Taylor playing her in a biopic. Sabrina on the other hand, has been acclaimed by stans for paying homage to Joni in her song "Coincidence".

Could Sabrina successfully make the shift, and even play her for the biopic?

Stream her song "Coincidence" here:

1024e193f870b8728c13c144219af3e4.gif 

Imma need an explanation on the whole situation. Don't come 4 me but who is Joni and why do i see her name next to Sabrina alot. What shift are we talking about 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Imma need an explanation on the whole situation. Don't come 4 me but who is Joni and why do i see her name next to Sabrina alot. What shift are we talking about 

Similar to the Beyoncé-like career shift Katy Perry (allegedly) had

Edited by Parallel

6 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

this

1 minute ago, Parallel said:

Similar to the Beyoncé-like career shift Katy Perry (allegedly) had

I still don't get it

tired-whining-baby-u26hzjfrbnutfmbg.gif

• Haha 1

Maybe?

She sounds nothing like Joni. The guitar is a little Joni-esque, but this sounds more like a pop-girl take of a Rufus Wainwright song to me.

Taylor has the look, but she doesn't have the right type of voice, nor can she act. Vocally speaking, it would be a Diana Ross/Billie Holiday in Lady Sings the Blues situation if she were to play her. Sabrina's voice is stronger, but she also doesn't open her throat. (Can she act?)

Honestly, Christina, if she were a better actress, could have played Joni back in the 2000s. She has the voice and could have been fashioned a little to resemble Joni.

That Joni comment about Taylor is insane :skull: 

Anyway, I feel like Sabrina could do anything :giraffe:

• Like 1

The Mash Up of Both Sides Now and Espresso is coming. I'm working late cause I am Joni Mitchell!

Sabrina was every Mother on this album, from Joni to Dolly, Taylor, Shania or Mariah.

i think the thing about joni is that she never properly existed as a commercial artist, she was insulated early on from producers pushing her in a chart based direction and she always basically did what she wanted without thinking about whether it was going to be a hit.

i feel like sabrina has moved more in a singer songwriter direction on the last couple of records but she's never going to, say, make a jazz album or base a song around burundi warrior drummers. not that that's a bad thing necessarily, i think she's great at what she does, but i do not see some big artistry vibe shift for sabrina

More dolly tbh! 

I would love to see her playing Joni on a biopic also they have a very similar vibrato but I think they will aim for a more established actress or an under the radar singer that could make her career blow up with the role

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.