Does Sabrina's career slightly resembles Madonna's so far?

mojitos

So just anyone doesn't get the wrong idea, I'm NOT trying to say Sabrina is the new Madonna, will be bigger than her or her recent releases are more successful than hers back in the day. I just think their careers share quite a lot of similarities so far.

They both didn't become famous out of nowhere and had to wait quite a bit until finally blowing up, in an industry where most female artists get big as teenagers or in their early 20's both of them only did so in their mid 20's, Madonna's debut album didn't pick up and go top 10 until a whole year after it's release when Lucky Star went top 10, just like emails i cant send didn't pick up either 1 year and a half after it's release until feather was released as a single, and both albums got even bigger after what they did next

The lead singles to the albums after completely changed their career and became massive almost instantly, Espresso and Like A Virgin are among the biggest hits of their respective years and shot them to superstardom, but I see even more similarities between Crazy For You and Please Please Please, both these songs were almost a complete image and sound shift to the others I mentioned and made people and critics take them way more seriously since before they were as seen as making "immature" music.

They are also not afraid of being sexual and controversial and focus a lot on their visuals, along with having a very playful and funny personality. As I said before I'm not trying to make Sabrina seem like the new Madonna but I just find it interesting they share so much in common:bird:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, mojitos said:

I'm NOT trying to say Sabrina is the new Madonna, will be bigger than her or her recent releases are more successful than hers back in the day.

Good luck trying to convince ATRL that.

:rip:

OT: I see your point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

o7bPKR3.gif

• Haha 11

Girl what… Madonna had hits off her debut album. It didn't take her nearly a decade to become relevant 

• Like 1

Don't play with Madonna's name like that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now I've loved Ms. Carpenter since the Girl Meets World days so I'm not shading her but bffr it didn't take Madonna five albums to get a H100 entry :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Madonna's debut was successful and then she blossomed into stardom with the following project. It didn't take her 6 albums to finally break out.

This comparison doesn't make sense.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i had a thought to respond but then i lost it after reading the OP in full :rip:

i cant remember who i was gonna say that i thought Sabrina's career was more akin to rather than to Madonna lol

Sabrina could do Deeper and Deeper but Madonna can't do skinny dipping. :xtinass:

• Haha 1

didnt know Madonna had to release 5 (unlistenably bad) flop albums before seeing success with the help of copying other artists' music,  trendchasing and having massive autoplay payola streams 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

only if we ignore sabrina's first 4 albums then multiple her album sales with five or sumn :gaycat:

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

Reminds me of that one Swiftie who said that Reputation was on par with Erotica

o7bPKR3.gif

Reputation is a Steampunk Goth Female Rage Moment tho.

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Guess we're expressing opinions straight out of our booty holes now, huh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not at all. The crux of Madonna's career has been reinvention. Sabrina has slowly found a very authentic brand. It may evolve, but I don't see her waking up one day and cutting off all her hair, dying it red, dressing like a witch and changing genres.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cyberraga said:

Girl what… Madonna had hits off her debut album. It didn't take her nearly a decade to become relevant 

how old was madonna when she started?

sabrina is a child or teen star and she was under Disney label which isnt a label for major pop girls today maybe 10-15 years ago. 

Espresso Sabrina is giving Into the groove Madonna, I think she is the new Madonna, at least for the moment 

No, cause Madonna never said 'I'll deem you gay If you don't find me attractive' :gaydonnacat1: No offense to Sabrina but the closest pop stars to Madonna in terms of success and popularity are Britney or Rihanna. 

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Thanks 1

Not at all, but her current era is giving me Teenage Dream vibes. We'll see how things end up, but I could see it being a streaming era version of TD with how much exposure she's gotten out of nowhere. 

Madonna had a distinct iconography from her first single, it took Sabrina 5 albums deep to fine-tune her aesthetic and vibe

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.