Which male + female electronic duo can come close to Crystal Castles?

Kanes

Snow Strippers are like the gen z equivalent of Crystal Castles

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Snow Strippers are like the gen z equivalent of Crystal Castles

So I've heard... which album should i stream?

This is the only duo that gives me Crystal Castle vibes.

Purity Ring when they debuted, but their sound has been more mainstream since another eternity except for a couple one off songs.

Edited by Gladiator

I mean they do something really really different but Charli & AG are giving the give.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

This is the only duo that gives me Crystal Castle vibes.

Purity Ring when they debuted, but their sound has been more mainstream since another eternity except for a couple one off songs.

This is giving me Grimes.

Not the same at all or as electronic but I first thought of Sleigh Bells

• Like 3

No one. Regardless of all the abuse he put Alice through, he will forever remain one of the GOATs of the electronic scene and no one has ever and will ever touch the magic of Crystal Castles.

Lady Gaga and that old jazz musician 

Edited by Kern
  • Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, Kanes said:

and all of their music sounds the same to me so you can queue up any of their mixtapes/eps :skull:

Much more on the dance/house and pop side, but still will do (even though it is a band, but Janet Planet and Sugar Bones are really the duo of it all):

Image hearing this and not seeing it as the literal rebirth of Crystal Castles

• Like 4

Boy harsher of course

• Like 1

boy harsher is way more easy-listening than crystal castles and their sound is cleaner. i would agree on snow strippers and also throw in bassvictim and somewhere special as they are similar to crystal castles in sound and vibe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kanes said:

their albums have very hit or miss tracklists, i'd say you need to listen for yourself and decide. they have huge gems but also super redundant and cringe songs in there.

3 hours ago, 40000000000000 said:

boy harsher is way more easy-listening than crystal castles and their sound is cleaner. i would agree on snow strippers and also throw in bassvictim and somewhere special as they are similar to crystal castles in sound and vibe.

Good to know, I've needed to fill the CC hole for too long

• Like 1

Snow Strippers maybe

6 hours ago, tjspy said:

Image hearing this and not seeing it as the literal rebirth of Crystal Castles

I feel like something's lacking to be like a rebirth of CC.

On 8/28/2024 at 9:48 AM, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

No one. Regardless of all the abuse he put Alice through, he will forever remain one of the GOATs of the electronic scene and no one has ever and will ever touch the magic of Crystal Castles.

Little side note, there's an Instagram account that has recently been exposing all of this drama. According to them, Alice entered a relationship with an ex-member of HEALTH before she quit CC. Allegedly, he's hateful and paranoid about Ethan, made Alice quit CC and has written all of the statements. These claims are also supported by Alice's sister who has toured with CC.

https://www.instagram.com/remixed_rewired/

Ethan looks like a creep but the man Alice got with afterwards is not any better. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.