Did Sabrina finally pay homage to Joni the way she deserves where others have failed?

SoldierofLove

Aside from the lyrics, "Coincidence" is a great attempt at modernizing Joni's signature "folk" era. 

Do we think Joni would approve of this undeniably Joni-esque song as a homage to her, or would she once again give "If she's going to sing, good luck"?

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

haha

Yes, talking about wanting her body explored and getting impregnated, and missing her gay awakening, truly the Joni Mitchell of this generation :clap3:

• Haha 6

I say yes

I had a feeling the guitar in Coincidence sounded familiar! It just clicked that it's very Big Yellow Taxi-esque. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aside from the lyrics? Good thing Joni Mitchell was never known for her lyrics or anything 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes. While Taylor failed to do so!

michael-jackson-reading.gif 

• Haha 1

Joni Mitchell sweetie...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sabrina ain't checking for a Joni Mitchell, let alone caring enough to pay homage to some indie girlie born in the 40s. Sabrina is a MPG which can't be said for Joni lol. They're not comparable. Sabrina is the it girl atm. Joni was never a Carole King. Her music is for old people remeniscing on their youth. She's a throwback artist

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

Sabrina ain't checking for a Joni Mitchell, let alone caring enough to pay homage to some indie girlie born in the 40s. Sabrina is a MPG which can't be said for Joni lol. They're not comparable. Sabrina is the it girl atm. Joni was never a Carole King. Her music is for old people remeniscing on their youth. She's a throwback artist

and of course you are a OGH... :clack:

• Haha 3

No, Jack Antonoff should be finally jailed for constantly stealing from the 70s artists 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pop Fan said:

Thankfully no one in here is that old to fight with you about the pop girls of the '40s

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bends said:

No? 

Are you sure about that?

spacer.png

Joni should open for Sabrina on the Short n Sweet Tour:clap3:

48h-1290a6cd-a257-41db-820e-29cfa4f123fc

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_317 said:

Joni should open for Sabrina on the Short n Sweet Tour:clap3:

48h-1290a6cd-a257-41db-820e-29cfa4f123fc

I think Sabrina should put her in the remix of "Slim Pickles" so that Joni becomes the most mature woman with a number-one song.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Bends said:

I think Sabrina should put her in the remix of "Slim Pickles" so that Joni becomes the most mature woman with a number-one song.

Not me thinking the song is actually called "Slim Pickles" :dies:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.