Why is "Genie" by SNSD the best K-pop song of all-time?

Josh

the most famous K-pop girl group song of all-time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

It's far from the best, and definitely not the most famous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

It's the best song ever produced, and anyone that disagrees has horrible taste :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Gee gee and abracadbra and lovey dovey beg to differ 

Well no

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Bc TABS.

the other girls either are lacking or simply don't have it :gayorkcat2:

• Like 4

Right generation, right group, wrong song

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Never heard of that song. 

• Thumbs Down 3

A discussion about a different girl group being barricaded by the most toxic, pressed blinks who can't accept their favs aren't all that? On ATRL? 🤯

OT: It's because taeyeon invented being talented, some other groups that were still using that same dated recession pop sound into the 2020s could have taken notes(or at least vocal lessons)

Edited by Sheep
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

A discussion about a different girl group being barricaded by the most toxic, pressed blinks who can't accept their favs aren't all that? On ATRL? 🤯

OT: It's because taeyeon invented being talented

Of course a Jackblack or whatever would say that! IJBOL

OT: No it's not their best song!

• Haha 2

Great song by a great group but I'm going to disagree when EXID's Hot Pink exists.

Edited by CityPop
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Of course a Jackblack or whatever would say that! IJBOL

OT: No it's not their best song!

The girl in your pfp is head and shoulders above the rest of her group and would rank 5th in SNSD vocals. :heart:

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

All this new girls are lucky they debuted in a time where globalization and technology had evolved significantly but I'm sorry none of them will ever serve the same greatness like the 2nd Gen Groups does let alone can compete against the Greatest Girl Group Sokor has ever produced :gayorkcat2:

While Gee is the epitome of classic Kpop but Genie is simply just that GIRL, the composition, the choreo, the concept, the cvnt, the vocals, Taeyoncé :clap3:

• Like 2

See when you have well-written song, great production, excellent concept, iconic choreo and talented divas to sing it :clap3:

That title should goes to Figaro tho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This song is definitely a classic, but most known female kpop song is definitely something by BLACKPINK. Idk why people here can't accept this?

• Thanks 3

This song is definitely a classic, but most known female kpop song is definitely something by 2NE1. Idk why people here can't accept this  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

This song is definitely a classic, but most known female kpop song is definitely something by BLACKPINK. Idk why people here can't accept this?

Spill, especially in this generation. "Gee" or 2NE1's "I Am The Best" would've been better choices to use in regards to Kpop throwbacks because idk any Kpop fans who don't know these songs, both old and new.

Genie is that girl though.

spacer.png

• Thanks 3

I was also going to say this wasn't their best song but tbh I didn't remember what Genie sounded like so I went to give it a listen and ykw

Just the intro is iconic, sure best kpop song why not.

Okay the chorus slaps, maybe it isn't my fave GG song but I support your motion.

Absolutely nothing touches Genie but let's not forget abracadabra by bop eyed gworlz :gaycat:

Snsd having good music is the biggest lie k-poppers ever told until everyone believed it's true.

They were literally bottom of the barrel in therms of musical output in the 2nd generation. You can count the 2nd gen groups with worse music on the fingers of one hand. 

Genie would not even make a top100.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.