Ayumi Hamasaki: The Rate - Part I: Greatful days

Graves

9 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Head of Avex threatened to pull the plug on A BALLADS, she had one shot at giving us choreo and... she succeded!

R&Byumi excellence :jonnycat:

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyle-x

• Suilen

• Graves

• Curaga

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe i missed this rate. What is the rate about :gaycat2: i love all ayu albums. The new ones too. Even if people act like her new music is bad
I honestly love all the sides of herself. I honestly like sometimes her new albums more cause her voice is more bearable. It was too whiny when she started
Guilty is my fave ayu album cause her voice is so deep and harsh in that record and it goes perfectly with the grunge-metal-rock instrumentals.

Im just concerned how without AHS we dont have anything to follow her steeps anymore here in the west
someone here could give me good sites to keep track of ayumi???

Here my last fm since 2011 :gaycat2:

CxM853Z.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Im just concerned how without AHS we dont have anything to follow her steeps anymore here in the west
someone here could give me good sites to keep track of ayumi???

I think there's a Discord server in place of the forum at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Graves said:

I think there's a Discord server in place of the forum at the moment?

omg really? I need it. I cant believe all those terabytes of content are gone :emofish: Who was the owner of that site? 
I saved a folder from that forum with some ayu-ready. Lemme download and watch them all :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

omg really? I need it. I cant believe all those terabytes of content are gone :emofish: Who was the owner of that site? 
I saved a folder from that forum with some ayu-ready. Lemme download and watch them all :gaycat2:

Found it!

https://t.co/kzFa0d3gg7

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

nn yes, the Kelly Clarkson Show wishes...

Edited by Graves

5 hours ago, Curaga said:

I couldn't resist :jonny: 

I wanted to make gifs of the look, and it was just too fabulous not to use. Sad to give up Yuna and create a bunch of broken links on old posts, but oh well :clown:

3e3eec632c4fde6c76312c73816905d4cc15e993.gif

6920a39d8babb2a200246e3f6019e816e6d4a821.gif

e5c9f60c246d5f9c4f7b5776c8ea6e928d51e7d0.gif

5f91a8ccf962e58e915d27a186b6c97115a67e7e.gif

3f7a1091fb1b1e73a3d6479b9e336973976d9c1d.gif

Gorgeous :jonny: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I hope it comes back :cries: I would always read old threads on there

I've been trying to do a list ranking, like actually listing the songs from most- to least-liked, and it's basically impossible with this many songs... It's also hard when there's songs like SURREAL and AUDIENCE where they're both perfect to me and I only "prefer" whichever one is currently playing nn 

Since decimal ratings are allowed, I thought it might be a fun idea to order them and then assign 10, 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, etc. Has anyone ever received a ballot like that in one of these rates lol? I don't think I'll do it like that anyway... I've given a draft score to every track, but I've been trying to decide if I wanna grade them on a curve this time or not :skull: Doing it that way feels kinda contrived, but it also kinda worked in my favor keeping Kumi's BUT from the #1 spot...

cc6c5444c0bf57e06af046d7864e4f42c8e9cc48

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curaga said:

it also kinda worked in my favor keeping Kumi's BUT from the #1 spot..

You and Aphasia are putting this on your resumes huh

-

Hana > Kana

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Curaga said:

I've been trying to do a list ranking, like actually listing the songs from most- to least-liked, and it's basically impossible with this many songs... It's also hard when there's songs like SURREAL and AUDIENCE where they're both perfect to me and I only "prefer" whichever one is currently playing nn 

Since decimal ratings are allowed, I thought it might be a fun idea to order them and then assign 10, 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, etc. Has anyone ever received a ballot like that in one of these rates lol? I don't think I'll do it like that anyway... I've given a draft score to every track, but I've been trying to decide if I wanna grade them on a curve this time or not :skull: Doing it that way feels kinda contrived, but it also kinda worked in my favor keeping Kumi's BUT from the #1 spot...

Always an innovator

49 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Xb4y1e7CC/

The rate has got me revisiting old live performances. The staging on this ate down whew this song is not talked about enough :jonny: 

ok forget the curve idea, there are too many 10s I have to give out :jonny: THIS SOOOONG

2 minutes ago, Curaga said:

ok forget the curve idea, there are too many 10s I have to give out :jonny: THIS SOOOONG

Let the Kyle-x influence come through with the 10s :jonny: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

She was serving world peace with this outfit :clap3:

alkhgajg;ad the banners falling down were so dramatic, but those car dealership inflatables? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Curaga said:

alkhgajg;ad the banners falling down were so dramatic, but those car dealership inflatables? :deadbanana2:

ghjjhgk Olympics on a budget!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kyle-x said:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm5356934

If the pre-debut EP was included this would've been another 10 :jonny: 

omg I saw she had an early EP and didn't know if it would be included in this rate... I should have legally obtained it when I saw it. Now it's time to track it down lol

4b809dddd2dfed59d86b4283114c57900874fb7c.gif

btw I just made this gif really quick from the SURREAL video. It was the only moment that stood out as gif-able to me :suburban: Any MV suggestions for gifs? 

• Like 1

Which version of kanariya did you rate/are planning to rate? I rated the HAL mix.

0SuTLKy.png

Just now, Curaga said:

omg I saw she had an early EP and didn't know if it would be included in this rate... I should have legally obtained it when I saw it. Now it's time to track it down lol

4b809dddd2dfed59d86b4283114c57900874fb7c.gif

btw I just made this gif really quick from the SURREAL video. It was the only moment that stood out as gif-able to me :suburban: Any MV suggestions for gifs? 

The iconic scenes of her in the white dress didn't stand out to you? :jonny: 

The debut album videos are more simple but the 90s vibes and coloring on them have made them fun to rewatch, so if you're into that then all 5 are worth checking out.

For LOVEppears, LOVE ~Destiny~ is cute for the scenes of her in the car and crowd, kanariya is gorgeous with the gems all over her and the scenes of her with the black wig and cunty makeup, appears is a fan fave of course for the multiple lewks. Boys & Girls is a little simple but still iconic, so worth a watch. WHATEVER is weird and moody and where the theme of her having random white kids in her videos starts. TO BE and Fly high are more low budget but she looks cute ddd.

For Duty, SURREAL is obviously the best. The first 3 singles are linked together and she looks cute but they aren't super eventful videos, and there's too many scenes of the white kids and the weird editing.

For I am...; M, evolution and Dearest obviously all very iconic serves (the piano version video for Dearest is very pretty too). NEVER EVER didn't really get a full video, the short promo clip is just to serve a look so that's cute. She's not really in Endless sorrow that much and there's too many white kids shots again. UNITE! is just a live clip. Daybreak is a low budget moment since it was a limited re-cut single, it's basically one continuous shot of her in a crazy mummy lewk serving drama.

The videos for RAINBOW are all very conceptual, so Free & Easy, Voyage (basically a short film) and Real me (cunty futuristic feminist alien vibes) are all worth checking out. RAINBOW, the song, is one of her best PVs ever.

This is basically the start of her video golden period imo where almost every one is worth a watch ddd. She's usually serving a stunning lewk and there's usually a TON of symbolism for things. From Memorial address, ourselves is truly one of the best videos like... of all time. It eats down. Because of You is in that same boat. Greatful days is a cute party video where she looks gorgeous. HANABI ~episode II~ is gorgeous visually despite being on the simpler side. forgiveness is really pretty even though it has really dated CGI ddd. No way to say is a cute Christmas moment with a terrifyingly creepy Santa Claus cameo. ANGEL'S SONG was just a moment for the furry community. 

For MY STORY, the videos are little more simple but have beautiful visuals. Moments is a gorgeous video. A little haunting and there's weird shots of white kids again. INSPIRE was something cunty for the summertime. She's serving lewks and a little appropriation. GAME ended Avril Lavigne with her rock chick princess lewks. CAROLS is beautiful, especially the shots of the carousel. About You is fun too, the shots of her trapped in the glass box with the Jackie O outfit vibes are cool. walking proud you already know. :eli: Humming 7/4 is just a rock chick performance video with a cool set. my name's WOMEN was a feminist serve that also was for the gays with the shirtless men. 

Limiting myself to the era in the rate, though my favorite videos are the ones that come after this (I started listing them but then I basically was giving you a list of 90% of her videos for the next 10 years ddd). My top 10 might include Ladies Night, alterna, glitter/fated short film, is this LOVE?, Startin', 1 LOVE, Mirrorcle World, GREEN, Rule, Sparkle, BALLAD, Don't look back... ok I went over 10 ddd let me stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Which version of kanariya did you rate/are planning to rate? I rated the HAL mix.

0SuTLKy.png

I rated the general essence of kanariya with all the remixes but I mainly had in mind the album version, the weird R&B vibes just do it for me 

0SuTLKy.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Suilen said:

0SuTLKy.png

Oh I've only been listening to the album version... I forgot the video version was mentioned

:suburban:

nnn my favorite part of the album version is so subdued in the video version and isn't even in the HAL mix, but both eat up the album version anyway. Lemme bump up my score for that video 

0SuTLKy.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.