Short N' Sweet | Review Thread | MC: 78 (-1)

thatsmydemi

I mean I already knew what was going to happen to this girl with how ATRL pushed her all of sudden 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• Julia Fox

• halcyonday

• RoseBud

Sputnik trashed? Taylor's daughter indeed - these debut numbers better eat too Brina :ryan3:

Sputnik is one of the most unserious critic sites anyway, the way their staff are just users that are jobless says all… it's like AOTY but trying to be "official" and not user driven but well…

• Like 1

Her writing is decent because it's not serious and actually relatable, she doesn't have to write thesaurus or sappy love songs to have edge, but this is Sputnik, you cannot ask more from them.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Who tf cares about what a sputnik journalist has to say about music of all people :rip:

Exactly wtf is Sputnik :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the first time I see mention of this reviews site on ATRL 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Do some of you think Sabrina has more edge to her writing than Olivia :rip:

Easily and it's not even close.

Nonsense alone has more personality than anything the other girl did, and I actually don't hate Olivia - I enjoyed most of Guts, with vampire being one of my fave songs of the last year

Edited by NewStanner
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Do some of you think Sabrina has more edge to her writing than Olivia :rip:

right, her writing is very limited and her humour is hit or miss :rip: glad all the critics agree. 

• Haha 1

Why this post thread worthy?
We have a thread for SnS album review tho. 

post on there... :rip:

• Haha 1

Critics panning massive pop albums again? It's 2010 again. Oh we are so back. 

• Haha 5

damn

i think 40/100 is a bit harsh

i really don't see a huge problem with her writing, she has her own style which works for her :michael:

1 hour ago, crf13 said:

Saying Olivia Rodrigo has an "edge" is just…. :rip: Really says it all about the writer. (Though I haven't listened to Sabrina's album yet)

She absolutely has more edge than Sabrina.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

She gives Katy Perry vibes. Which is good for her! This is her One of the Boys

Teenage Dream is coming next! 

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Who tf cares about what a sputnik journalist has to say about music of all people :rip:

They aren't even on mc :rip: why yall thread this :rip: 

I don't even need to listen to the album to know that whoever wrote this is a miserable loser.  This website has been churning out the worst reviews for 14+ years.

1 hour ago, Raver said:

She can barely sing and her writing ain't all that 

:pancake:That is harsh.  Sabrina is still young and can improve

They are right and honestly they didn't drag her enough. This album is extremely manufactured and you can tell that Island pushed her to do whatever in the studio and come up with the most corny fake scathing TikTok'd corporate Gen Z lyrics just so there would be tons of quotable catchphrases in there.

Espresso is a massive bop and I understand PPP's appeal as well, but this album just comes across as desperate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The critic mentioning Olivia is all I need to know about them. Low brow. They had an agenda before they started writing.

if screaming over some rejected 2009 Paramore's instrumentals is an "edge" just shows how low is the bar :toofunny2:

OT: not a fan but girlie Sabrina will be fine; this ass publication tried to tank CCOC with a 20/100 and it still remains an universally acclaimed album 

8s1c.gif

It's not a bad album, it's just very expected as a follow up to the smashes from the album. 

Nothing really wrong with that, not everything needs to be groundbreaking, especially with Sabrina just now making a name for herself with the GP.

well the album is cute, but half of it is a bit generic, a 60 would be fair :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.