Die With A Smile's shaky start is a worrying sign for LG7. Agreed?

Kukai

55 minutes ago, Kukai said:

As proud members of ATRL, we all want to see popstars thrive…

the lies

:clack:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Gagaast

• RideOrDie

• BrokenMachine

1 minute ago, Robyn. said:

The "it's not a lead" excuse is so funny to me. :skull: 

Because the song still has a Bruno Mars feature and a music video. It's not a deep cut that just got released, be serious.

The average person doesn't know what a lead or standalone single is, they just know a song is out.

I think it's because a lead is used to promote an album. It shows the direction an artist is heading in. It introduces you to the world they're building and gives you an idea of what the album is going to sound like.

This song sucks, but it doesn't mean that LG7 will suck, because it's probably completely different to this.

• Thumbs Down 1

It's only been two days and DWAS already outstreamed Floptimes, I can see why you're mad

MIc7wn0.thumb.gif.09b51e3f687ed1c1a148db

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

I mean you can do whatever you want but if everyone collectively ignored these threads then the OP would eventually stop.

:suburban:

But I know that's easier said than done. Swifties also get baited very easily so

Yes let's get messy gays on a public pop forum to stop commenting on any Kukai flamebait thread

Just now, Rihinvention said:

I think it's because a lead is used to promote an album. It shows the direction an artist is heading in. It introduces you to the world they're building and gives you an idea of what the album is going to sound like.

This song sucks, but it doesn't mean that LG7 will suck, because it's probably completely different to this.

But from a commercial standpoint, this song has everything to smash though whether it's a standalone single or not which is why I think this excuse doesn't fit here?

Bruno Mars is huge, the song was released with a whole music video from the jump, they clearly expect a big debut with this...

12 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

The "it's not a lead" excuse is so funny to me. :skull: 

Because the song still has a Bruno Mars feature and a music video. It's not a deep cut that just got released, be serious.

The average person doesn't know what a lead or standalone single is, they just know a song is out.

And still a lead singles performs most of the time better than a stand alone track, even thought they are all "just a song"

How can you compare surprise release to the song that was teased at least one month prior, was supposed to be a big comeback and had high budget visual? You're so cringe. Dwas is doing great and we are happy for it, it's so stable and slowly growing. 

2 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

But from a commercial standpoint, this song has everything to smash though whether it's a standalone single or not which is why I think this excuse doesn't fit here?

Bruno Mars is huge, the song was released with a whole music video from the jump, they clearly expect a big debut with this...

It's only been two days and the song is stable tho? Also this is Bruno's biggest debut on Spotify, like can y'all let the song breath a little before you calling it a flop or a smash? :thing: so far it's doing good

• Like 2

I'd worry for my fave first if I were you..

That said, the gheys will be here for LG7 so that's a good debut assurance but divided support for DWAS 

DWAS is the kind of song to serve legs so I wont worry that much 

Just now, Colmillo said:

It's only been two days and the song is stable tho? Also this is Bruno's biggest debut on Spotify, like can y'all let the song breath a little before you calling it a flop or a smash? :thing: so far it's doing good

I never said it was a flop, I'm just calling out the excuses already. :gaycat7:

It's doing decently. Even though I expected this to debut higher considering they're both A-listers. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kukai said:

Who mentioned Katy sis? 

You did: 

1 hour ago, Kukai said:

The initial response to it will be indicative of LG7's success though. The song debuted with only 2m more streams than Woman's World which ATRL dragged and it had another superstar on it. 

Let's pray for LG7 sis :dancehall3:

2m extra being "ONLY" when WW debuted with little more than 2m in total... :rip:

ATRL's most notorious dupes (Kukai and Rihinvention) are back to their usual hi-jinx.

Happy Sunday! 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

The topic at hand isn't "commercial success" though, it's "a worrying start to LG7" — so I would consider it a relevant argument.

I think if you're going to flop or release something really underwhelming, a stand-alone single is the best place to do it.

However I'll admit that wasting a 4-year comeback on it was pretty stupid.

The OP: LOOK AT ME. CMON NAH. CMON NAH. LOOK AT ME.

• Haha 3

DWAS is a slow burner. All Bruno singles are like that

Also no one is expecting LG7 to be a huge era, Chromatica did just ok, she's not coming off a huge era like ASIB this time

If she scores a top 10 and 150k debut week it will be a success this time around for the age of her career 

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Robyn. said:

I never said it was a flop, I'm just calling out the excuses already. :gaycat7:

It's doing decently. Even though I expected this to debut higher considering they're both A-listers. 

I mean Bruno isn't know for having high debuts, his songs are always slow burners, and Gaga is known for peaking on first day and then free fall (not always, but you know what I mean) so the fact that this is Bruno's highest debut and that it didn't free fall on day 2 is a good sign to me :michael: let's just wait and see how it does in the long run, maybe it'll flop or maybe it won't, i it's hard to know just yet.

Just the same ole dumb rage bait threads to collect downvotes en masse and go down in the annals of ATRL history as the corniest troll

tenor.gif

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

The topic at hand isn't "commercial success" though, it's "a worrying start to LG7" — so I would consider it a relevant argument.

I think if you're going to flop or release something really underwhelming, a stand-alone single is the best place to do it.

However I'll admit that wasting a 4-year comeback on it was pretty stupid.

Well, I'd argue that having another huge artist on your song can be an indicator of the interest that will be given to a solo song for a next era?

But this could be a grower, so we'll see.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Well, I'd argue that having another huge artist on your song can be an indicator of the interest that will be given to a solo song for a next era?

But this could be a grower, so we'll see.

Mmmm…maybe. I think in this case, it's more of an indicator for the interest surrounding Joker 2.

I feel like I'm repeating myself because I've brought that up so much, but I think the GP would assume that's what it's for. The late-70s clothes, the rock ballad sound, collaborating with a male artist…anyone who's seen the Joker trailer will probably assume that this song is promoting it.

What expectations do you all even have for Gaga and LG7? Have you seen the 2020s music landscape? 

Maybe this is GaGa's 143 era :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.