Die With A Smile's shaky start is a worrying sign for LG7. Agreed?

Kukai

As proud members of ATRL, we all want to see popstars thrive but does DWAS' wobbly start terrify you of what's to come with LG7? :dancehall3:

The song is clinging onto the top 10, in terms of Spotify streams, in the US but other big markets such as the UK and France seem to be paying it dust (and normally GaGa does well there). What happened? :monkey:

Thoughts? 

Edited by Kukai
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 38
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 685

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Gagaast

• RideOrDie

• BrokenMachine

No, because it's a standalone single, not a lead.

I think she's soft-launching who she'll be for Folie à Deux.

I think it's terrible, and I won't be listening to it again, but it also feels *entirely* separate to LG7.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

No, because it's a standalone single, not a lead.

I think she's soft-launching who she'll be for Folie à Deux.

I think it's terrible, and I won't be listening to it again, but it also feels *entirely* separate to LG7.

The initial response to it will be indicative of LG7's success though. The song debuted with only 2m more streams than Woman's World which ATRL dragged and it had another superstar on it. 

Let's pray for LG7 sis :dancehall3:

Edited by Kukai
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 54

Not really. Many LMs aren't fully backing the song because it's a ballad and not a pop bop like they wanted. They'll support LG7's lead single if it's something they actually want to hear. This is the same fanbase that made Stupid Love of all things go Top 5 because it was dance pop, so I'm not worried. :celestial6:

• Like 1

Well as long as it does better than how Katy is doing now the liddos can still celebrate, because the bar is really that low for them :heart:

y'all can downvote all you fuckin want, Gaga is a FAD of the 2010's and your downvotes aren't going to change it :heart:

Edited by Joey307
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 44

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

"Shaky start" girl it was a surprise release and the not chronically online people needed a day or two to find out about it, take a note

What Gaga fan is not chronically online at this point?

• Like 1
  • Haha 24
  • Thumbs Down 42

If it's not an instant, record-breaking SMASH, it's a TOTAL FLOP. There is no middle ground for this degenerative site. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kukai said:

The initial response to it will be indicative of LG7's success though. The song debuted with only 2m more streams than Woman's World which ATRL dragged and it had another superstar on it. 

I don't know if you're trolling but it will be fun to exhume this thread,  when the song will organically climb inside the  top 3 of the HOT100:hippo:

• Thanks 1

Yeah. And AR1 is also coming so she's really not in a good place rn :dancehall:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kukai said:

Not if LG7 has a completely different sound and aesthetic to this, which I'm assuming it will.

DWAS sounds like a soundtrack song. I get the vibe that she's testing the waters for Joker 2 more than LG7.

• Like 1

Girl go and stream your favs flops. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Kukai said:

WW is an electropop anthem that was teased for an entire month prior to release :skull: this is a pop/rock ballad and also, pretty much a surprise release, so the two are not comparable. IDK if you're always this obtuse on purpose but either way, you're truly embarrassing yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

It's harder to get really big debuts on Spotify for these surprise releases these days and it wasn't a lead. However, it was her second biggest debut and

up there with Texas Hold Em' which was a legit hit. Also with the modest playlist start (#15 TTH, 70m reach), and it being a ballad, they don't have big debuts anyway they're more about growth. LG7 should be fine, Brazil and Mexico will come in hard for PopaGa :gaycat:

• Like 4

Its doing ok, not everybody is Taylor or Ariana.

Cry a little.

Ain't no one expecting LG7 to be a smash anyway, she'll be serving us guitar loaded techo abracadbra c*nty vibes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.